'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
There is a chance my Tie Rod is bent a little. I know I hit it pretty hard and it just doesn't quite look right but looking at another JK Tie Rod they seem to be the same but it just seems like it might be bent a little.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Looks like I'll probably just order the bracket from Dominion Off road. Looks like it will work with what I've already got.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Any thoughts on just welding a flat tab just above where the stud is now and mounting the stud vertically? Seems like that would be easy enough, would it be too much stress? I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to gusset it a little and it's not like it's one of those parts where a failure would be something critical to worry about. I've never done any steering/suspension welding so some thoughts would be helpful

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
One more mod to the front bumper. I had a winch plate and a winch that I'm waiting for a new motor and controller for laying around so I decided to get it all mounted up in the mean time. Cut up the front bumper to keep it looking finished.

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Got my winch motor and controller in today so hopefully tomorrow I'll have it all put back together.

Here is a pic of my new sliders, Seth at Trail Ridge Off Road is hooking me up. I think they are gonna look sweet after seeing one side sort of mocked up. I'll make sure to get a good pic of them when they are finished and installed.

So far I am very pleased with the quality of work he is doing and will be sure to throw these guys some more work. I've already got some plans for what I want them to do.

IMAG0641.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Got my winch motor put on and my wire back on. After a little bit of troubleshooting and testing I finally got the winch working. I still need to figure out what I want to do with the end of my cable but for now it is what it is. I also need to figure out where and how I'm going to mount the solenoids. Right now they are just held on with some wire.

408164_319910244722032_100001091775315_845260_283825386_n.jpg

Wicked Monkey

Banned
Got my winch motor and controller in today so hopefully tomorrow I'll have it all put back together.

Here is a pic of my new sliders, Seth at Trail Ridge Off Road is hooking me up. I think they are gonna look sweet after seeing one side sort of mocked up. I'll make sure to get a good pic of them when they are finished and installed.

So far I am very pleased with the quality of work he is doing and will be sure to throw these guys some more work. I've already got some plans for what I want them to do.

IMAG0641.jpg

Ooooo very nice work he does! I like it! Cant wait to see them installed! Nice jeep too!

zukijames

is your first in high not good enough for sand and mud? what about 5th or 6th gear in low? i would think that would be plenty of wheel spin . snow wheeling for me since i had a 6.5 reduction in low was usually 3rd or 4th gear in low or just first in high

do you have room under your dash to mount the winch solenoids? to keep them safe and out of the weather.. or just leave it wired on looks like it works why mess with it :)

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I did hit up some sand in Vegas and 1st seemed like plenty, 5th or 6th in Lo is also alright for wheel speed.

I am planning on moving the solenoid pack hopefully inside. I don't think I can deal with it being rigged up with wire for too long.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sliders are on

Went up to Trail Ridge Off Road today and got my sliders installed. Seth did an awesome job making them look good with the curved body of the JK. I am very impressed with them and can't wait to abuse them.

Driver side waiting to be installed.
IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0644.jpg

Getting welded on
IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

And finished.
IMAG0648.jpg

I would recommend these guys in a heart beat to anyone, he took his time to make sure everything was right. A couple of test fits and I am very happy.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Looks like I have the go ahead for some skid plates. I will either be getting the full set from River Raider or Rock Hard 4x4 which ever on I can get the best deal on since they are both built really well.

I could go with some 35's instead but I think the protection is more important.

35's will get 1.5" of clearance and the skids will do about the same in a few spots but not everywhere.

I am a little torn though because I know my stock skids have very little life left if any.

I also need to upgrade my tie rod at the same time since mine has a nice bend in it.

sixstringsteve

don't forget that the 35's will help you roll over stuff easier. A bowling-ball sized rock feels smaller with 35's than with 33's. But you're right, it's not a night and day difference.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
35's will net better performance which is why it is an option right now. Although not a huge difference still a bonus over 32's.