Official 12V Freezer-Fridges - Do they bring the heat?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Can you read?

That doesn't necessarily mean that the fee has not been worked out. There may be other specifics, such as pick up and drop off times, numbers of fridges that can be rented by one person. Cash only or credit card only. Collateral required. Only available for rental to people not named Jason. Who knows what "specifics" means? Thats rather ambiguous.
And you know, inquiring minds want to know the fee. Maybe I have a trip coming up that I would like to rent a fridge for. Maybe I want to rent a fridge so I can have one at my yard sale tomorrow. It was a logical question considering the statement, "Cruiser Outfitters now has a fleet of fridges available for rent." Would that not denote that they are ready to rent, for a price?
Also, have I told you that I hate you recently? I hate you Jason. I hate you with the passion of 10,000 burning suns.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Whats the rental fee?

What do you think of this pricing setup:

4 day - $50 ($25 goes towards cost of new fridge purchase)
7 day - $75 ($50 goes towards cost of new fridge purchase)
(purchase credit is cumulative, i.e. rent twice and you have $50-100 towards a fridge)

The ultimate goal is not to be a rental company, rather rent products that are usually stretching the pocket book. I have additional items that will be added to the rental fleet, 12V welders, MFC/MWC's, RTT?, etc.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think it's a pretty good idea, and something of a novel business plan-- it's not like there are lots of companies doing this. :D Pretty cool, man.

Stacey

Living in St. George, we use our Engle fridge every time we go food shopping. It's great to not have to rush home to put perishables away when it's 100 plus degrees. When it is not in the middle of summer we leave the fridge in the expedition trailer, I'm not a hot weather camper.

Kurt, do you have a 50 qt. ARB and an insulation bag in stock?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

I've updated some of the details on the site to reflect our experience with renting this past fall. I'm excited to have 5+ rental units available for this next Spring. Ready to purchase? I have the full line of ARB units (all 4 models) in stock and several of the popular Engels in stock at any given time too. We'll start taking reservations for popular dates in 2012 on Jan 1st.

Of course if you need one for the Lucin "Freeze Your Tail Off 3" Overnighter to keep your food from freezing I have a fridge available for you ;)

DAA

Of course if you need one for the Lucin "Freeze Your Tail Off 3" Overnighter to keep your food from freezing I have a fridge available for you ;)

That's no joke. I camped out on the Owyhee for a few nights last week and the only stuff that wasn't frozen solid every morning was what was in the fridge. First night I brought my water bag in the tent thinking I'd have liquid water for making coffee in the morning. Wrong... Kept it in the fridge the next two nights and had nice pourable liquid aqua to make coffee with the following mornings :).

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Looking for a killer deal on a big top-end fridge? My buddy Dave has one for sale locally (Salt Lake area). It is the Engel MT60 model with the ARB Transit Bag. He's willing to sell outright or trade for a smaller fridge.

IMG_0471%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0472%20(Medium).JPG

Its a proven unit from one the best 12V fridge manufactures out there. He's asking $700, retail on these is nearly $1600 and the most competitive pricing is still nearly $1300 and that is without the $200 transit bag. Well worth his asking price imo. If interested contact him directly: dave@expeditionamericas.com

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I really need to put some money together and get one of these. I live off my igloo pos everyday, and it just barely does the job as long as I keep the cab of my truck under 75 degrees. I would never do the job if the ac wasn't keeping the cab cold.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I really need to put some money together and get one of these. I live off my igloo pos everyday, and it just barely does the job as long as I keep the cab of my truck under 75 degrees. I would never do the job if the ac wasn't keeping the cab cold.

Sounds like a thermoelectric cooler? They do a decent job of bringing down the temps 'x' amount below the ambient temp but as you noted they suffer in the heat. I don't know how much room your working with but Engel even makes some small coolers, I don't list them on my website as they are not super popular with the 4x4/camping community but I've sold a few to ambulance companies & fire departments, they use them for medicines.

15 Quart
http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?...category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59

16 Quart Unit:
http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?...category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59

Obviously the best bang for the buck is the larger 35 quart units but that 15 quart would be a pretty easy justification at $645 if I were a professional driver 8+ hours a day. I need my Mtn Dew cold :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
There is really not much worse than warm Dew. I wish I'd have known about these little coolers when I was working out of my truck, they would have been WELL worth it.