2008 Easter Jeep Safari is around the corner!

it's been a year man.....When you started this project before last EJS, I thought you were going to have it done for that one....Looking forward to seeing it!

;)

Looking forward to DRIVING it! Reading the Extraction Expedition is KILLING me.

ya, I thought it'd be done before last easter too...and I burned a lot of vacation trying to make it happen. Right after, I went to Vernal for 6 months and progress ground to a halt...my family wanted what little time I had.

Bart

Back to the jeep...Bart taunted me at lunch yesterday that his buggy would be done before teh Green...so last night I got the Tacoma bracket installed and the map sensor installed. Bought a power steering cooler (tranny cooler for compact car) and installed it under the winch plate. Not a lot of air flow there, but I figure it will still dissipate quite a bit of heat.

Good, it worked. You know you'll never live it down if I beat you to completion. I'm not talking about all the little finishing touches, just being trail worthy and out wheeling. ;)

As for my project you can see the progress on "Another Buggy Project", and it's really moving along well. I should have it in my garage in about 3 weeks. If I'd never built one before I'd be very optimistic that it would be to EJS, but I know how long that the little things take to finish. I'm still hoping to have it ready, but if I don't make it, it'll be finished shortly after EJS.

Good, it worked. You know you'll never live it down if I beat you to completion. I'm not talking about all the little finishing touches, just being trail worthy and out wheeling. ;)

As for my project you can see the progress on "Another Buggy Project", and it's really moving along well. I should have it in my garage in about 3 weeks. If I'd never built one before I'd be very optimistic that it would be to EJS, but I know how long that the little things take to finish. I'm still hoping to have it ready, but if I don't make it, it'll be finished shortly after EJS.

I checked out the buggy thread last night. I hadn't seen the latest pics so I didn't know what you were talking about at lunch with the front hoop.

Lookin' good!

I'll be freakin' jazzed when I pull it out of the exhaust shop!!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm ready to go "as is" but there are a lot of things I want to change / fix if possible before then.

- redo upper rear links
- new body panels
- redo seat mounts
- finish transmission tunnel (flooring)
- get a better gas tank (narrower to allow for more cargo)

rokrash

As some of you know, I bought a built to rock Jeep at last years EJS, but I have a hand full of things that I am looking to get taken care of before we drive 800ish miles-through the mountains-in March!

-cross-brace the b-pillar and tie in front harnesses
-add to rear cage
-rear gear rack (inside jeep over fuel tank)
-build skid plate for super low hanging 205
-dash bar w/ grab handle for Oh S@#t handle

Loading up this weekend to take it to a buddies for cut, bend, and weld!

I am looking forward to it and EJS!!!!

If you can look beyond the snow cocoon our girl is living in at the moment, she's actually sitting quite nicely. There's a few frou-frou issues that need to be resolved: the dash needs to be bent back in to allow access to the glove department which I happen to be quite attached to and the stereo needs some wires re-connected. Once that is done, we are ready! :)

KyleWS

Ill be their.

dscf1141xw9.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This weekend will be the beginning of my projects. Yeah I'm a procrastinator.

*Maybe* new upper bars on my buggy... I haven't decided yet if I'm going to take the time to re-do my chassis pillars or not.
New plastic panels will be going on with new paint, should look somewhat nice... obviously no real function.
I'll be re-doing my upper links too. Which reminds me, I need to purchase some tabs tomorrow!

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
I'm Waiting 4 my New Shiney Credit Card to show up so i can do my SYE, Finish building my lower arms and buy the Pro-Comp Rear 4-Link Kit

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Just used my tax return to upgrade my lower short arms to long arms. The guys at Teraflex Plus are awesome. I also have to put on my new heavy duty tie rod, fix my stereo, paint my bumpers and rocker panels etc etc etc. I always wait til the last minute but thats what makes it fun, the rush to see how fast you can do things

IntrepidXJ

Planning on stopping by the 22nd & 23rd.....maybe even part of the 21st if I am able to.....no projects on my Jeep....just need to unload the truck at my new place a few days before

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This weekend will be the beginning of my projects. Yeah I'm a procrastinator.

*Maybe* new upper bars on my buggy... I haven't decided yet if I'm going to take the time to re-do my chassis pillars or not.
New plastic panels will be going on with new paint, should look somewhat nice... obviously no real function.
I'll be re-doing my upper links too. Which reminds me, I need to purchase some tabs tomorrow!

I might start a new thead after this weekend... but I got my new pillars in and started on the new dashboard last weekend. New panels and paint this weekend. :)

Attachments

• 100_6079.JPG
    100_6079.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_6085.JPG
    100_6085.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_6090.JPG
    100_6090.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 15

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Planning on stopping by the 22nd & 23rd.....maybe even part of the 21st if I am able to.....no projects on my Jeep....just need to unload the truck at my new place a few days before

Glad you're making it into the West now. You'll be spending too much time in the desert with where you're going to be living ;)