2008 Easter Jeep Safari is around the corner!

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Goat finally convinced me that my dying grandmother is just gonna have to wait. He can be pretty persuasive. I'm excited to go to EJS. I hope to see everyone there.

I'll remember to bring plenty of chips:hickey:
l_df8156dc7fc814187e777a3cbfe60e00.jpg

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Just go, and have a blast. Probably 80% of the trails there are completely doable with most 4x4's. Just be a little bit careful which ones you choose. Also beware, you're almost guaranteed to be hooked, and will then need to make return 600 mile trips regularly. :D

Alrighty...... just hafta to get the driveability shizzle nailed down, and be on the lookout for a red Bronc with white and blue stripes.

Oh, and this friggin snow has to quit so I can make some money....

GOAT

Back from the beyond
This surprises you? I thought that I was bad about not answering phones, I gave up even trying to call GOAT and just PM him here instead.

Uh, the last time i saw my phone, it was rolling around the floor in Jenn's jeep :greg:

Seth

These go to 11
I will be down working the U4 booth. I want to get out on Saturday and run coyote and some of BFE. This year I plan not to spend friday on my back under the rig.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
This surprises you? I thought that I was bad about not answering phones, I gave up even trying to call GOAT and just PM him here instead.

The only time you can get him is the drive to or home from his work. I was behind him for a mile and it took 3 calls in a row to get him. By the way sweet axle rack there, does a good job of holding up your wall;)

U

unltd1

The only time you can get him is the drive to or home from his work. I was behind him for a mile and it took 3 calls in a row to get him. By the way sweet axle rack there, does a good job of holding up your wall;)

bwaaaaaa ha ha ha!!!!!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
bwaaaaaa ha ha ha!!!!!

Well it's good to know you made it back. Knowing goat... he left ya in Texas. ;) He does think he is a pretty smooth talker though. "Com'on babe Easter jeep safari only comes once a year, You can get a new grandma anytime.":ugh: Nice of him huh

U

unltd1

Well it's good to know you made it back. Knowing goat... he left ya in Texas. ;) He does think he is a pretty smooth talker though. "Com'on babe Easter jeep safari only comes once a year, You can get a new grandma anytime.":ugh: Nice of him huh

Wouldn't you know, that's exactly what he said.....

...I won't tell you what happened when he found out my trip to AZ was the same weekend as EJS....................

d-stumph

Don't Run Me Over Again!!
You need to send us some pics of your projects. Sorry about the YJ project.:rofl: I wouldn't wish those on anyone.

I'll start some threads with pics in the next couple of days on the buildups that are in my shop.

And I have done too many YJ's in the shop, but i have been scrapping the frame and going from the ground up on them so it has been interesting. but the mogs are a real pain in the butt. "advice- stay away from mog axles with a long pinion wheelbase and drivelines are hell". but of course you know that dont you Bart, I seem to remember a cirtain few(many) times that the old mog portals blew up on you.

Oh yea there are some current pics on stumphoffroad.com

Bart

I'll start some threads with pics in the next couple of days on the buildups that are in my shop.

And I have done too many YJ's in the shop, but i have been scrapping the frame and going from the ground up on them so it has been interesting. but the mogs are a real pain in the butt. "advice- stay away from mog axles with a long pinion wheelbase and drivelines are hell". but of course you know that dont you Bart, I seem to remember a cirtain few(many) times that the old mog portals blew up on you.

Oh yea there are some current pics on stumphoffroad.com

Nice looking work there Dallas.

Yes, it was the Mogs I was feeling sorry about, not the YJ. For some reason this came to my mind.

Attachments

• break.jpg
    break.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 31
  • day2_34tt.jpg
    day2_34tt.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 18
We'll be going the 19th-23rd. (this is our 3rd yet going but 2nd year with our won jeep). We drove our 97 wrangler last year all stock exept the lift (rubicon long arm extreme) this year we are leaving it home and taking our 89 wranlger (350 motor, 44 axles, locked back and slip locked front, lifted like 8 inches total i think it is, not sure and has 38.5 14.4 15s) oh and automotic out 97 is stick...lots of fun with a 4 cylinder..lol (way to high geared, will have to work on all that. any how, we want are going with friends, last night infact we made a list of what needs done to the jeep before moab (i know i realized i better get it together to get there )lol and were thinking pritchet canyon, metal masher and i cant remember the name of the other place. i cant wait, its going to be a blast:) last year we did poison spyder and part of steel bender. (it was a good learning experience for us beginners)lol and we will definetly be at the drawings that the red rock club does and the jeep raffle (brother in law won the jeep last year--20 bucks). so its my turn lol (they have a nice rubicon to raffle this year--last years was nice but this years has more cool stuff)lol oh and i havent recieved the paper from the club to reeserve the trails, it should be coming soon though:) for a look at the beast lol i hurry and tossed a couple pics on http://utahpaints.com

Coco

So how are those projects coming... :eek: EJS is quickly sneaking up!

as soon as it warms up (around the end of feb.) the sami will be getting the YJ spring swap, and bumpers, and the LEDs in, and maybe a cage, depending on $$$, since I also need to be saving up for the trip down/trails/etc.:greg:

So how are those projects coming... :eek: EJS is quickly sneaking up!

The project is comin'! Got a little done yesterday, today was a sick day for Russ, Ian, and my whole family. I spent it downstairs installing light switches. Stupid special order double 3-way switches had a break tab I was supposed to remove to use them on separate circuits, I got shocked about 7 times and removed them and took one apart before I figure out the problem. My buddy dropped off two 6-packs of a top secret new blend for Ian. My wife put the bottles on the floor in the pantry...luckily I saw them and put them out to chill in the garage.

Back to the jeep...Bart taunted me at lunch yesterday that his buggy would be done before teh Green...so last night I got the Tacoma bracket installed and the map sensor installed. Bought a power steering cooler (tranny cooler for compact car) and installed it under the winch plate. Not a lot of air flow there, but I figure it will still dissipate quite a bit of heat.

Lined up the final location and drilled the holes for the winch plate. Bent up the pass brake line to fit the new brackets. Bought a longer line for the driver side tonight. Still need the clips from Kurt.

I noticed that the oil cooler is loose and needs a mount made. Still need to do the relays and run the wires to the tail lights. Cage and bumper is tacked...needs to be welded. Russ has the bracing for the front spring mounts and bumper tie ins. Mbryson has the rear bumper and rack. I think I found the high dollar bolts I bought for all that. I guess we still need to figure out how to mount the rack to the tire carrier and tie in to the cage.

I'd like to get it fired up soon so I can go get an exhaust on it...and find out how hot it runs...and if I need an alternator upgrade...

Hopefully we can get the cage propped up on Saturday and weld it up.

Last edited: