Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Being as every detail matters in advertising.. does this mean there are 3 models being released??

I think that's likely. Ford is developing the name "Bronco" as a subset on it's own, meaning there will be several vehicles to all wear the name.
- Bronco Sport (aka the baby bronco... think Ford escape here). Nobody really cares about this one but it's causing some confusion.
- Full size Bronco 2 door SUV
- Full size Bronco 4 door SUV
- Bronco SUV based pickup

I'm assuming that the July product launch will include the first 3 on the list above. I think the pickup will lag behind. Just a guess.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Being as every detail matters in advertising.. does this mean there are 3 models being released??

well we already know that there is the 'full size' Bronco, an a "baby Bronco" crossover, so those are the left and center. apparently the Mach1 is coming back as well on the same day, which probably explains the skinny tires on the right

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
well we already know that there is the 'full size' Bronco, an a "baby Bronco" crossover, so those are the left and center. apparently the Mach1 is coming back as well on the same day, which probably explains the skinny tires on the right

Funny. I was living in LA at the time of the OJ chase. I was watching it on TV when I realized that he was going to drive up the freeway which was very near my house. I jumped on my bicycle and rode to the overpass. There were a ton of people who had the same idea. The overpass was packed. I did get a glimpse of the Bronco though.

However, for me the Bronco is most known for the early Broncos. My best friend growing up had one that was his first car. It actually belonged to his Dad, but until he found a very cool '56 Chevy small window 4x4, he drove the Bronco. I think it was a '71.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Looks like they are actually delaying the launch to July 13th because of this....
🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it is a good call. In a few weeks nobody will remember they moved it again, but if they went ahead with OJ's Bday, they would forever be linked.

thenag

That picture of that manual gearshift knob with the "C"

Nice

Never before have I wanted to SAS a brand new vehicle so badly.

Ditto
Me thinks a set of axles from a SD might keep all the sensors happy.

Hopefully its not a disappointment like the rest of 2020

Well it is a 2021 model, it is just being announced in 2020 so there is hope.

The thing that I am most hopeful about is that in the Baja press event they said the Baja Bronco had production drive train. There are not many production front ends that I would feel comfortable about throwing 37's on and running Baja.

Nathan

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I saw some spy shots of that 'sport' bronco. I wish they didn't have that as an option. It makes it like the Blazer's return :rolleyes:

But I am pretty excited about the other 2!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Yeah that little Barbie Bronco can f*** off.

You guys gotta help me out though. I've been telling the wife we're gonna get her a Bronco, but the more I see the more I think maybe we're gonna get me a Bronco and I don't know how I'm gonna break it to her.