3rd Annual St. George Winter Riding Trip

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
More like, why'd you ride off that 8' ledge as slow as you did? ;)

From 20' away is looked like a 4' ledge which I was OK with riding off. I was carrying momentum to keep the bike straight in the deep sand and by the time I realized it dropped so far, I hit the brakes hoping to stop... but that wasn't happening.

:-\

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
From 20' away is looked like a 4' ledge which I was OK with riding off. I was carrying momentum to keep the bike straight in the deep sand and by the time I realized it dropped so far, I hit the brakes hoping to stop... but that wasn't happening.

:-\

Please tell me this is on a video somewhere..

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Put me down as a maybe for this. I am on the search for a bike. This is probably a discussion for a long dead thread, but since I am staying with being a pit dad and not racing, I may be in the market for a 4 stroke of the 350 size.

Greg

Admin
Dang that had to hurt! I guess I didn't realize how bad your wreck was

I didn't either at the time, I was pretty sore the following day but it wasn't until a few days later where things weren't feeling right. My neck hurt when turned in a certain position and my back has caused me pain after a long day on the big bike all year long. It didn't help that I piled up my 990 in the desert by Green River a few months later at around 60 MPH. :(

Please tell me this is on a video somewhere..

Sadly, no... we were running back to the parking lot, trying to beat the setting sun... I was tired and made some bad decisions, but wasn't filming at the time. Story of my life, epic wreck and no film!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I just looked at the calendar and I will not be able to make this one even if I do have a bike by then. That is the weekend of the 1st National Hare & Hound in Lucerne and we are going to run that series again this year with the kids.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I had a blast on this ride last year and meeting everyone lead me into desert racing which has been awesome. Sadly this is my son's B day so I can't make it. Have fun without me.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I just seen this thread for the first time, I have really enjoyed this ride the past few years, I would imagine that I can pull it off, I havent even rode my bike since we raced Monticello so Im going to be rusty. I would imagine my brothers Luke and Travis would be up for it too. I have to check my calendar. sounds like most all our cool crew from the last couple of years are out.

Greg

Admin
I'm so tempted to pick up another bike to make this ride.... :guilty: There's a KTM 525 near me for a good price, I wouldn't have a problem with power like I did last year with the lil' 250!

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm still excited for this ride. Just need to make sure we have at least 6 guys to get stuff covered. So who is for sure in to stay at my place?

Last edited: