What should i do?

• Keep my mini truck axle and build it up

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Sell the mini truck axle and get one out of a FJ62

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Well i finished my sliders and the springs and im in the motions of gusseting and swaping in the new axle 1985 housing with the IFS hub conversion so my axle is wide enough.:)
I decided to put a spartan locker up front:p
Im also doing a custom skid plate and roll cage in the next month.:D

This was all decided on the fact that im going to compete in the OSRC this year. Ive wanted to compete for 5 years now but never had a rig i felt would do good or that was built enough. I hope i can finish everything in time may is coming fast. I will get pics tonight and post them

iamsparticus

pics

Alright here are the pics as promised.
The first few are the sliders i still want to add one more piece to the ends but that can wait
Then there is a pic of the 1985 axle houseing and leafs im putting on
The other is the ifs hubs and custom leaf plates i built that have a mount for a bump stop

Attachments

• HPIM2671.JPG
    HPIM2671.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM2672.JPG
    HPIM2672.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM2673.JPG
    HPIM2673.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM2674.JPG
    HPIM2674.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM2675.JPG
    HPIM2675.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 14

sixstringsteve

looks like you found your excuse to turn your rig into a buggy :D

In all seriousness, sorry to hear you rolled it.

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Thanks everyone, Thanks nick for offering help after i rolled, and everyone else people were so concerned and helpful i really felt like i was taken care of it helped ease teh whole thing.
Yeah i rolled pretty hard but the runner held up pretty good too! The roof on the passenger side got crunched as did the windshield, and some dents all over. I was okay no injuries and yeah it sucks that i rolled but what can you do.

So in the wake of the roll i have decided to cut off the roof and everything behind the rear doors and tube it out, im keeping a hood and fenders as well as all four doors im just going to make them all half doors.

In a way this is a relief because i can finally park the rig and take my time and build and fix everything that i want. We found a 1986 F-250 extended cab for 900 bucks in mint condition, so im good to go on chopping the runner.

I think im going to start a new build thread for this but what do you guys think?

Also it will be a few day before i get pics up of the roll so be patient

iamsparticus

plans are:

Build my 1985 housing up and swap it in
Put the trail gear leafs i redrilled on
Long arm 3 link in the rear with perhaps a 1 inch spacer on the coils
cut off the roof, and everything behind the rear axle
Full tube cage with soft top and snap in windows
Make all 4 doors half doors
front bumper
Put on the 2wd oil pan i have
and maybe go to 37's
thats about i have have planned for now

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
That cab area is still easily salvageable. I'd beat it out some, install new glass (and a cage), and continue to have fun with it as is.

There's a lot to be said for a rig you can drive to and from the trail. I've owned both drivers and trailer queens. I found myself wheeling a lot less when it involved getting the truck, trailer, and rig ready to go play. Just my dos pesos...

Thanks everyone, Thanks nick for offering help after i rolled, and everyone else people were so concerned and helpful i really felt like i was taken care of it helped ease teh whole thing.
Yeah i rolled pretty hard but the runner held up pretty good too! The roof on the passenger side got crunched as did the windshield, and some dents all over. I was okay no injuries and yeah it sucks that i rolled but what can you do.

So in the wake of the roll i have decided to cut off the roof and everything behind the rear doors and tube it out, im keeping a hood and fenders as well as all four doors im just going to make them all half doors.

In a way this is a relief because i can finally park the rig and take my time and build and fix everything that i want. We found a 1986 F-250 extended cab for 900 bucks in mint condition, so im good to go on chopping the runner.

I think im going to start a new build thread for this but what do you guys think?

Also it will be a few day before i get pics up of the roll so be patient

RamIt

It was a good hard roll. Glad to see you walk away with no injuries. Bummer about the runner, but I'm excited to see it back in action after you build it up like you've planned. It sounds like it'll be pretty sweet!

Tacoman99- theres a couple pics of his roll on the OSRC trip report: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=83434&page=2

I know I've got some more that I can throw up later too.

iamsparticus

It was a good hard roll. Glad to see you walk away with no injuries. Bummer about the runner, but I'm excited to see it back in action after you build it up like you've planned. It sounds like it'll be pretty sweet!

Tacoman99- theres a couple pics of his roll on the OSRC trip report: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=83434&page=2

I know I've got some more that I can throw up later too.

Yeah some pics from who ever has them would be good, hows your rig doing it had some breakage didnt it?

iamsparticus

That cab area is still easily salvageable. I'd beat it out some, install new glass (and a cage), and continue to have fun with it as is.

There's a lot to be said for a rig you can drive to and from the trail. I've owned both drivers and trailer queens. I found myself wheeling a lot less when it involved getting the truck, trailer, and rig ready to go play. Just my dos pesos...

I could salvage it and keep it as is but it would be very hard the passanger side of the roof is messed up pretty bad and both the passenger side doors are bent, i dont know if i could ever get it all back to stock. So the plan is bob it and cut roof off. I have a question though with no roof and a full roll cage cant you still register it? As long as its safe right, ill have to do some searching on that but i have always wanted a hardcore rig.

I might be switching the front to a three link and air shocks but we will see. I started making stuff for it today though i bent up one of the shock hoops i want to use in the front.