4runner Build

What should i do?

• Keep my mini truck axle and build it up

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Sell the mini truck axle and get one out of a FJ62

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

90 cherokee

i have my runner half done i used chev 63's in the rear the front is still stock (workin on gettin some more parts for sas) and with my rear leaf swapped in my 99 runner im getting 27 inches of flex from the ground to the bottom of the tire and my front is still ifs.. yeah coils are nice but with the whole needing new controll arms and what not it gets expensive. and im a leaf spring fan lol

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
90 Cherokee thats strange you have a 4runner i would of guessed a cherokee lol. I would like to see some pics of yours too, though i think i still will stick with the flexy coils, because even in stock form right now, if i disconnect the sway bar i get almost 2 feet between the tire and wheel well at full articulation, not bad for stock, oh and if someone has a spare total choas caddy suspension for me for a couple of hundred dollars i'll take it hahaha i think i just need to see some pics of your guys rides and any three link set ups on 4runners would be helpful

iamsparticus

need the coils now

I got with kurt and he said he will check for the coils but greg said he has some so either way i think the fj80 coils are the way to go, but are they a direct fit or do i need new buckets and isolators? once i get this all on i plan to head to moab in 2010, but in the mean while i need to go put a few scratches on the runner so if anyone wants a trail buddy i'm open just let me know ahead of time

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I wouldn't say that the only way to go up front is a SAS.. IMO, for around the same money that it could cost to SAS you could a really nice Total Chaos setup.. I've drolled over that suspension for years..

Total Chaos's kit is $2000 plus you still have to buy shocks & t100 axle shafts and requires fiberglass fenders according to their website.:ugh:

A complete sas kit with EVERYTHING (but the axle) is only $1100 and if he's going to crawl it not just expedition it would be a better way to go.:D

iamsparticus

True

Yeah the choas suspension is incredibly expensive i just like to dream, your right not a toy a solid axle swap would be cheaper than a total chaos, but wiether it's 1100 dollars or 2200 dollars i don't have the funds for either, thats why i'm just going to settle for a drop braket lift with new spindles, i said earlier that a guy i know has a brand new 4inch front ifs lift for 200 dollars, now you can't beat that price for cheap. Notatoy is right i think though the total choas is amazing it is not the most bang for your buck, give me a year or so and i'll have a one link solid axle front. so i will get the fj80 coils for the rear and level the links till i can extend them via a 3 link set-up and 4inch lift in front, but what about tires and body protection what size and what kind of sliders should i make,square tube or round i've seen both

iamsparticus

still need to see some pics from bruzer and 90 cherokee and anyone else with awesome 4 runners i love the toyotas i think their the best

iamsparticus

oh and buy the way i just got a tip from sean that there is a toyo front axle with 4.10 gears on ksl for only $120, i was going to buy it but can't justifie it right nowvery poor you know, oh and the bonsu with the 200 front ligt kit is it comes with brand new shocks too!

90 cherokee

1a4-skinnerstock.jpg
1a4-skinner3.jpg
1a4-skinner.jpg
1a4-skinner2.jpg
sorry aboutt the dark ones :greg:

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
i have heard of ifs toyota's doing some pretty good stuff locked front and rear. so what is this chaos suspension? just longer A arms and coil overs? how much does it flex?

90 cherokee

i have heard of ifs toyota's doing some pretty good stuff locked front and rear. so what is this chaos suspension? just longer A arms and coil overs? how much does it flex?

ifs is ifs no matter what for rock crawling any thing locked front and rear would wheel ok with 3-2 wheels on the ground always lol

iamsparticus

Chaos suspension

chaos suspension is basically the best their is maybe second to the downey ifs 5 inch lift kit for the front, check them out on the web i think the travel is 15 inchs which isn't bad at all, but downey just went out of bussiness sad.

iamsparticus

Lockers

Yes i would love to have lockers front and rear but to start i want a aussie locker in the rear, has anyone here used those?

bruzer

see if the site will let me post some pics.

Attachments

• 2007-1.jpg
    2007-1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I have my runner linked in the front, and am putting my SAS Sidekick together which is 3 linked front and 4 linked rear with Yota axles. If you want to come check a few different styles out call me 801-920-4558 will be home most of tomorrow.

iamsparticus

thanks notatoy i will give you a call but it will have to be sunday, i would love to see differnt 3 links that helps a lot for me to learn how to do it, hey guys what tire size should i go with 33's or 35's? and does anyone have much experience with square tube sliders, they would be cheaper for me to make but don't they get hung up more on the rock?

iamsparticus

thanks

no i didn't that is good to know i was just loading from the computer, well the avatar pis is one of the 4runner so people can look at that

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
hmm

nevermind im wrong, you can do it as an attachment, shows what I know lol, Ive just never tried it that way, try uploading it then close that window then click the attachment thing again in the menu bar and select the file, is that how you did it?