What should i do?

• Keep my mini truck axle and build it up

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Sell the mini truck axle and get one out of a FJ62

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
i picked up an 85 runner for 100 bucks i need tro start building now know anyonw who has hy steer or lift spring they wanna get rid of?

My brother just pulled some 4" pro comp rears off of his 85 that will bolt right up to yours. I bet he would give them to you for $40 or so. He should have some fronts before long as well.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Did you hear that 4X4addiction he's got your springs i'd getem before someone else does thats the worst when u just miss a screaming deal

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Looks good. I like the stance and you guy's did a great job on getting your shackle angle correct. But....

I think I figured out your tie rod hitting the oil pan problem. You can see it in your first pic on post 135. Your hole in the frame for the shackle bolt should have been drilled about 1.5"-2" further forward (so it is between the body mount supports) and your front spring hanger should also have been mounted forward that same distance. The RUF springs and all of the aftermarket SAS springs are designed to move your axle 1.5" forward to keep it out of the oil pan and provide a better approach angle. Can you get a pic of the tie rod interference? You could maybe get away with re-drilling your spring perches on the axle to push it forward an 1" or 1.5" but I would not mess with bending tie rods until this is addressed.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Looks good. I like the stance and you guy's did a great job on getting your shackle angle correct. But....

I think I figured out your tie rod hitting the oil pan problem. You can see it in your first pic on post 135. Your hole in the frame for the shackle bolt should have been drilled about 1.5"-2" further forward (so it is between the body mount supports) and your front spring hanger should also have been mounted forward that same distance. The RUF springs and all of the aftermarket SAS springs are designed to move your axle 1.5" forward to keep it out of the oil pan and provide a better approach angle. Can you get a pic of the tie rod interference? You could maybe get away with re-drilling your spring perches on the axle to push it forward an 1" or 1.5" but I would not mess with bending tie rods until this is addressed.

the axle is already moved forward about 2" from being centered in the wheel well, I was concerned he would be ripping into the bumper when flexed and turned with bigger tires if we moved it any further forward, and even if we moved it a couple more inches forward the tie rod would still have been pretty damn close to the pan when fully turned because the rod moves back when turning, but I see what your saying

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
the axle is already moved forward about 2" from being centered in the wheel well, I was concerned he would be ripping into the bumper when flexed and turned with bigger tires if we moved it any further forward, and even if we moved it a couple more inches forward the tie rod would still have been pretty damn close to the pan when fully turned because the rod moves back when turning, but I see what your saying

Here are a few pics of my rust bucket. I have a non stock front hanger and 3" TG springs. The springs are designed for SAS applications as they are longer than stock springs, and have an offset pin to further move the axle forward (these springs match toyota rear springs RUF almost perfectly). Total axle movement is closer to 3" forward when it is all said and done. Although the 4cyl pan is much smaller than the V6 you can see just how far away it is from the axle now. Using a stock front bumper these years (2nd gen 4runner) just won't happen with a lower lift sas.

Attachments

• rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 24
  • rust 1.jpg
    rust 1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 26
  • rust 2.jpg
    rust 2.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 21
  • rust 3.jpg
    rust 3.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 24

iamsparticus

Yeah i tryed to get a t100 pan but not even the junk yard had one, and i decided that i would just modifiy my current pan, and rot box the shackle is right in the middle of the body mount

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Oil Pan
Toyota T100
6 cyl (5VZFE eng), 4x2

$65 Dixie Auto Salvage USA-UT(Washington) Request_Quote 1-800-967-8894

iamsparticus

I was looking

So i looked again at the pics of yours Rotbox and i see what you are saying, but my body mounts are a little different,and i measured, i could redo all the mounts and move it another inch forward, thats all the space i have on the frame, but the pan is so retarded and weird shaped that it would still rub when i would turn under full stuff, so either way i have to mod the oil pan or go with a T100 pan.:-\ So with that said i'm going to leave the mounts and make the oil pan work it ends up being easier by far, but next time i will know to put it as far forward as i can.:) As for the stock bumper i will have to take off the corner caps and the bottom half anyways if i want to run 33's or 35's. If anyone has a T100 pan they come accross in the near future let me know and i will take it thanks:greg:

4x4addiction

So i looked again at the pics of yours Rotbox and i see what you are saying, but my body mounts are a little different,and i measured, i could redo all the mounts and move it another inch forward, thats all the space i have on the frame, but the pan is so retarded and weird shaped that it would still rub when i would turn under full stuff, so either way i have to mod the oil pan or go with a T100 pan.:-\ So with that said i'm going to leave the mounts and make the oil pan work it ends up being easier by far, but next time i will know to put it as far forward as i can.:) As for the stock bumper i will have to take off the corner caps and the bottom half anyways if i want to run 33's or 35's. If anyone has a T100 pan they come accross in the near future let me know and i will take it thanks:greg:
i got a set of 34 1050 swappers for 150 you can run in moab if you want them text me if your interested 801-664-7626

iamsparticus

update

Heres what i did lately, you can see how i moded my pan and how close it still is with a new tierod, but it dosen't rub, thank goodness

Attachments

• HPIM2150.jpg
    HPIM2150.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM2151.jpg
    HPIM2151.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 22
  • HPIM2152.jpg
    HPIM2152.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM2153.jpg
    HPIM2153.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 28

iamsparticus

thats at ride height, i flexed it with the wheels turned all the way, and it was only like a 1/4inch away but it will be good once i put bump stops in, in the picture it is like 3/4inch away or more, but i know it is close, i only have like 6inchs from the u-bolts to the frame, but i like to keep it low for stabilty

iamsparticus

no i don't have money to go buy more oil till pay day this weekend, so i can't drive it, but i could just use the floor jack and take some pics, i will see what i can do