84' Toyota buggy build

sabatoa1

Not busy enough I have a lot to do before WOTR.

swap front axle housings
ifs steering box
hydro assist
front shock hoops/ shocks
knotch floor for rear shocks/ shocks
panels

I don't know if I will get much done if the weather keeps up, my shed is not big enough for the buggy.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Good work luke keep it up... if ya need help with anything what-so-ever just give me a shout.

my shed is not big enough for the buggy.
Sounds like maybe you could benifit from one of these... Harbor freights 10'x17' barns for $179

If santa could only shove something like this down your chimney you would be set.
image_20622.jpg

sabatoa1

Thanks I am trying to get it done enough to take to WOTR, so I can stop beating the crap out of the 4runner. I can't wait for it to be done, and I work pretty fast but it all comes down to money/time. I know that this is a throw together buggy but I think it came out pretty nice so far.

sabatoa1

We didn't go wheeling today so I tried to get some more done on the buggy. I started to swap axle housings and install hydro assist. Here are some pic's of the axle removed. I did get the other axle housing bolted up with the third already installed. I also linkin locked the front while I had it torn apart. I was going to install my v6 spool but do not have gears to match.

B65A98ED-638E-4B69-9E40-8140B718D285-3255-00000392800E903A.jpg

D25C0030-EACD-4816-91B1-9E36AF0A34CA-3255-000003927D533793.jpg

73A7B38B-11C6-4E7D-BBE2-F1FE51B29215-3255-0000039276786DD5.jpg

Last edited:

sabatoa1

It was pretty cold but I have to get it all done by the end of the month. I have a lot of time off for Christmas so I hope I will get it all done by the New Years run.

sabatoa1

It really depends on how good you are with a bender. I didn't bend that much in this buggy the chassis was purchased. I cut and modified the old chassis. There are way more experienced people on here with bending chassis.

sabatoa1

Well Santa did come early this year but it was not a portable garage, my blower motor went out in my Escalade yesterday and there not cheap!!!

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
We didn't go wheeling today so I tried to get some more done on the buggy. I started to swap axle housings and install hydro assist. Here are some pic's of the axle removed. I did get the other axle housing bolted up with the third already installed. I also linkin locked the front while I had it torn apart. I was going to install my v6 spool but do not have gears to match.

You can put your 4cyl gears in the V6 third easy enough... and if you already have them, it's cheaper than a blower motor in an Escalade.;)

sabatoa1

Santa was going to bring me a portable garage from harbor freight but he's broke now. I found some V6 gears for my third, but I am going to take it as a spare because I have already installed the 4cyl third. I have 2 spare thirds now one has 4.56 and spool for my 4runner, and the other one has spool and 4.10's for the buggy. I think that I am going to try and find a set of 4.56 4cyl gears for my buggy so I only have to keep one spare for both vehicles. I have v6 and 4cyl thirds that they can be put in if anyone has some 4.56 gears they want to part with.

tnels

Man Luke I must say I think I would have given up once the snow fell its to cold to wrench out in the snow like that so I give ya mad props bro looks good I like what you have done to my old turd chassis can hardly recognize it now keep up the good work! You going to make it to wotr?

Last edited:

sabatoa1

Fill me in I want to know all the details, I love to here about the history of vehicles I tear apart and build up. I am going to try and make it to WOTR but need to finished getting the steering box in.