84' Toyota buggy build

mombobuggy

Nice wheel and tire combo luke. I am kind of itching to get out myself hopefully the weather is decent this weekend. And dont worry I have rockwell centers for H1 wheels. Boy that should stir up the bee hive. Mombo/David.

sabatoa1

I think that putting rockwells under this would be bad ass but a little out of my price range. I think that I am going to stay with my Toyota axles until I run out of axle shafts then figure out what I am going to put under it. I have been looking at doing 60 front 14 rear because it want to stay narrow as possible. I know where a short 14 is now and can pick it up pretty cheap maybe even trade for it. Then I will just have to buy and build a 60 front to match the rear. I am not 100% on what I am going to do because I would also like rear steer.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
don't even think about swapping yet till ya beat the living piss out them things and enjoy the rig where its at (plus you worked hard to get a trailer and town rig)!!! I would def stick with yotas for now.... a 22r on pane won't be pushing them axles to their limits, from my experience with yota on pane with 37's the R&P may be the weak link or the Tcase output shaft...

:cool:Driving style, driving style, driving style:cool:

Your there man, breath deep, Im glad you built it the way you did. Summer with be super fun for Bush Eaters.

mombobuggy

don't even think about swapping yet till ya beat the living piss out them things and enjoy the rig where its at (plus you worked hard to get a trailer and town rig)!!! I would def stick with yotas for now.... a 22r on pane won't be pushing them axles to their limits, from my experience with yota on pane with 37's the R&P may be the weak link or the Tcase output shaft...

:cool:Driving style, driving style, driving style:cool:

Your there man, breath deep, Im glad you built it the way you did. Summer with be super fun for Bush Eaters.
I must explain I really like Sabotas buggy just the way it is and admire his dedication there is no way I could have endured the long cold days he spent working on his rig to get to w.o.r. and I must say he is a pleasant chap who smiles all the time and a really fun guy to run with. Rockwells are not for everyone, My comment about putting rocks in it was more a response to another thread. Where I apparently ruffled some feathers for suggesting rocks for a toyota with a v8 conversion. Congrats on building such a capable rig on a budget that is well suited to your current tow rig/trailer combo.

sabatoa1

I must explain I really like Sabotas buggy just the way it is and admire his dedication there is no way I could have endured the long cold days he spent working on his rig to get to w.o.r. and I must say he is a pleasant chap who smiles all the time and a really fun guy to run with. Rockwells are not for everyone, My comment about putting rocks in it was more a response to another thread. Where I apparently ruffled some feathers for suggesting rocks for a toyota with a v8 conversion. Congrats on building such a capable rig on a budget that is well suited to your current tow rig/trailer combo.

I seen that thread and I laughed when you posted it and they ripped on you for having an opinion. I actually think it would be cool to do rockwells under a Toyota, but not with a 22r/ w56. If I had a v8 and an auto I would do rockwells just to have rear steer and not break shit all the time.

Last edited:

sabatoa1

wheels look good luke! did you look the youtube clip of the turd chassis flipping in moab i sent ya a text

Ya, I did I think that it looks way better the way I have it now though. What are you doing for Easter? I think some of us are going to Sand Hallow

sabatoa1

Here are a couple pics from this sat. it was very muddy out there I was in low 1st gear all day trying to stay clean. It didn't work!!!
FA72189E-0D0B-49F6-88D3-BAF46E52CFE6-450-0000008F4A84BBDF_zps277fe0aa.jpg

14FCF64A-CDEC-4964-92C4-ED945208BE23-450-0000008F4EBC3B0E_zps08d2f34a.jpg

sabatoa1

I installed my Got propane kit it went on pretty easy. I am going to build a switch panel for all my accessories, and my ignition. I am thinking that I am going to rip apart my steering column and weld on a steering wheel disconnect at the same time I do the switch panel to delete my ignition. Does anyone know what size steering wheel disconnect I am going to need? 3/4" or 7/8"
[video=youtube;IM4a3Mnz05Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4a3Mnz05Y&list=UUmqm9p0CAxr76zs-Iqt8VFw&index=1[/video]

Last edited:

sabatoa1

I love having the buggy because I'm not worried about body damage or breaking a window. You can put alot bigger tires on without rubbing. Being that you do not have a body your rig it is a lot less top heavy and feels way more stable. I have only found 1 thing I don't like about having a buggy and it is having to deal with the weather. When I went to WOTR it rained all day, and I was soaked from head to toe.

sabatoa1

And im jealous of the propane, I would love to ditch all my electronics

Not only do you get to ditch all your electronics I pulled out like 20 vacuum lines, charcoal canisters, and fuel tank. I am actually running my ac compressor for oBA, and I am going to install a 11 gal air tank where my gas tank was.

sabatoa1

I have put in the dirty 30's and pulled out my dual t-cases for swap, I realized once I pulled it out that one is forward shift and one is top shift. I think I am going to pull the transmission out of my 4runner runner and install in my buggy. This way I can install my duals into my buggy with the forward shift crawl box and the Rock crawling clutch in my buggy.