9-06-03: Four rigs on Con

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
What a great day for wheeling!! Upper 70's, overcast, and no traffic!!

Myself, Creightone, I Lean, and Rockmonkey decided to make a quick but fun run of the snake trails. After spending all night putting his rig back togather, Creightoner decided he wanted to see if he could break parts today. We got a late start, arriving at the trailhead around 2:30. I ran into Demon Jeep and BS'd with him for awhile until the other three showed up. He just finished running RS and was headed home.

We made for RS and did it quickly, no spotting, no stopping! Except for when Creightun's tranny fell out of his jeep. What I didn't know was that he was holding the tranny up to the engine the entire time through the transmission tunnel!! Wow! Here's a pic of Creightone-deaf on RS:

Attachments

• aut_0896.jpg
    aut_0896.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
After surmounting the "falls" on RS (Creighfish, I Lean and 'Monkey walked the far right line!) we made tracks for the 'Con. At the turnoff we ran into Crusier. What a tool! :D He hitched a ride with I Lean up to the Eagle's Nest. This was my first time running 'Con in my own rig and wow!! What a cool dang trail it is!! Lots of stuff to keep you interested. Rock Monkey made some brave attempts at the 'Nest but succombed to the winch line.

Attachments

• aut_0899.jpg
    aut_0899.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 317

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I didn't take lots of photos of everyone, but I Lean made some cool attempts to climb the Eagle's Nest sideways!! In fact, of the two hours it took to run the snake trails round trip, I think we spent about 45 minutes at the 'Nest watching some brazen attempts by the competition cats. Here's me getting the hook:

Attachments

• aut_0901.jpg
    aut_0901.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 149

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by MudSlideJeeps
well I guess you just answerd my question. next question could I take the Rubie up the Con
I would wait awhile, there is still some low hanging brush, and you definitely need rock sliders.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Can four rigs run the snake trails under two hours without breakage?!? YES! We ran without incident. OK ok, Creight'n did almost loose a bead on his rear inner Maxxis Mudzilla (tm) but blew it up, er, inflated it quickly.

Things I learned:

Rocker guards are your friends, and boy did I use them today!!
I need a winch! (Shawn are you listening)
We agreed that Con is a 5 and RS is a 3+.[Edit: I meant 3.5] If Con was without the Eagle's nest, it would be a very hard 4+.
Tree branches are laughed at by Glasurit clear coat.
Olly is a tool :D
Slow leaks in trailer tires are a pain!
Trailering is nice, but a little nerve racking when the flippin trailer brakes don't work.

Here's one more pic, with I Lean and Creight in front of me. This pic is titled, "NO! Your other left!"

EZ

Attachments

• aut_0903.jpg
    aut_0903.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Good job EZ. I'm glad to see you on that trail. I was worried that after your paint up that you wouldn't get giggy for awhile.

Glad you guy's had a fun day,,, I wish I didn't have to work.:(

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Here's another good one of Braden.

did I mention that I love this trail!? What a cool trail!!!!!!!!

EZ
:)

Attachments

• aut_0900.jpg
    aut_0900.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 184

Moon

So to the best of anyones knowledge no one has make it up in the nest with out a winch or a pull
because I thought I had heard or read that shawn made it and I am starting to think that I shold lay of the PCP's from now on because there is no way he could have made it fir those sweet rigs couldnt:eek: :rofl: