9-06-03: Four rigs on Con

P

pokeyYJ

Ok, for everyone that is asking, mudslides Rubi has a 3 inch tera with a currie anti rock in the front and 285 75 R16 MT/R's it is also the auto tranny.

I think that he could get all the way up to the eagles nest but I think that there might be some rocker damage, and pin striping. And since it is his wifes Jeep, I would caution against it. (Right Brent!)

And having wheeled with mudslide, I think that he is a good driver that is somewhat unhappy with his rig. He stayed really calm down in Moab on some stuff that would have gotten my heart racing!:cool:

Moon

That was really great Rockmonkey. I am fairly new to Small rigs like the Tj and I am not willing just yet to loose value on it. It has a winch that B put on. I was just suprised that the trail would punish the stock sliders so fiercly, and if anyone ad really look at them very closelyto really know that for sure. if it is just a hard 4 I figured it wouldnt be to hard to do it and come out unscathed with the 3in lift and 33s. Sorry for how much sh!t I stured up I should have just went out with ya all and walked it or something like hicky said. I get a little ticked just like how people treat the guys with buggies different because their jeliouse it is twice as bad for guys with rubies. Yes we over payed, no we didnt build it, yes the 44s arnt as good as 44s on most other rigs, it is under powered and so on I do wish I could get out of it what I put in to it. if that what it takes to get people to not think Im something in not. than fine just ask me staight up and I tell ya straight up the way I look at things. cool?

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by utahxjer
hmm, Constrictor must have gotten easier in the last 2 months?

I know that there is a couple of guys on this board that have taken their TJ's all the way up to the Nest. Ask DemonJeep, he only has a rear locker and he had been all the way to the Nest, he even got an open diffed TJ with a 35 rear and 33's up there, with a little straping.

Of course Demon is not real concerned about body damage and will really abuse his TJ to get through an obstacle.

P

pokeyYJ

Heres a shot of Mudslides Rubi.

fb527029.jpg

Brent, I would say, dump the t-case spacers, put some better rockers on it, and give the Con a shot. If you don't make it turn around and try again when you have a better chance. Nothing is wrong with pushing your Rubi's limits, but I think that the way it is set-up now, the Con might be the limit.

Moon

Originally posted by Hickey
You done good son!
your still the rock god Suka
Man I want to see you play on the Con. I just didnt want to walk something the Rubie couldnt do. tough to acept that after 30gs on a rig I still ne to spend 3 or 4 more on it to even have clean fun

note: clean in this context means to finsh the day without have to drop money in to the vehical because of damage

utahxjer

but damage is part of the sport. Gotta get use to that. Just ask Ollie(cruiser) he knows. He knows very well.

creighton

They want me to do what!?
It was nice to get out on the trail and learn how to drive my rig again after I shortaned the wheel base to get into the superstock class. I wanted to compare the Maxxis Mudzillas to the new Creepy Crawlers. Wow the Creepy Crawlers are a lot taller of a 35 they are killer. I ran the Mudzillas in the rear and Creepy Crawlers in the front. It seems that the Creepy Crawlers have a more supple tread design then some "other Crawlers" they really enveloped the rocks creating awesome traction. Team Maxxis is going to be the ones to watch at the Supercrawl.

EZ quit making fun of my name!!!!!!!!!! Punk Don't make me come back there. If I have to stop this car I wil show you sorry.

S

sukaB

If you take that thing up there make sure it's a weekday-as not to hold up traffic!
Don't want to pull a chrome boy...