9-06-03: Four rigs on Con

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Hickey
Did ILean get his 60 in yet?
Not yet, sounds like it's gonna sit on the shop floor until after the SuperCrawl. They're gonna win without it!!!:eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Greg
Nice pics & Trail report!

How'd Creighton like the Creepy's?
Look very close to the picture of Creighton... The Creepy crawlers are TALL! They're easily an inch or more taller than the Mudzillas! I was happy to see that. A true 35 or more!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by MudSlideJeeps
So to the best of anyones knowledge no one has make it up in the nest with out a winch or a pull
because I thought I had heard or read that shawn made it and I am starting to think that I shold lay of the PCP's from now on because there is no way he could have made it fir those sweet rigs couldnt:eek: :rofl:
Having now done the nest, I think it is climable. It's gonna take a lucky bounce, a lot of rock stacking, or a rig with a really long wheelbase, huge tires, and tons of ground clearance. I betcha one of those Wagner Machine rigs could do it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
One more... :rolleyes:
I haven't been to RS for a couple months, and MAN, has it changed! I think I now agree with the 3.5 rating, lots more rocks in the trail, and I can see where a stockish rig on 33s could have some trouble. Last time I was up Con was before the 'nest had been attempted. The Eagles nest makes that trail really fun! I tried going up every line I could think of, and I really think people are gonna start climbing it soon, but it wasn't gonna happen today. GREAT trail, nice job guys! Lets put a sign up at the entrance to make it more 'official'! Sorry I had to bail on you guys at the top, sounds like you had some tire problems after I left? Who ended up with the strap? Nice pics, EZ! Wuz FUN!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Rockmonkey: Craytoni's tire problem wasn't really a big deal. It just needed some air. We worked our way out leisurely and cruised back down to the trailers. Ditto's on the sign. Uh....not sure on your strap, geez I forgot about that. Ask Carl or Crawdad.

MudSlide: I not only bashed into my rocker guards but also landed on them several times and pivoted off of them. I can just about guarantee that 1/8" diamond plate isn't up to the task. Have Rocklogic throw some high clearance nerfs on there. I don't think I'd want to take a Rubi up there unless it at least had a descent sized lift and 35's. (Not sure how yours is built; obviously Rubi's are pretty trail worthy as is and really only need tires and a lift to be very trail worthy).

EZ

Moon

Ez: Now that is an intelligent comment. Thank you, I will not take the Rubie up Constrictor because I don't feel that I am of yet properly equipped. And I will just get in the way of those better equipped for the trail.

Moon

Its a 2 now and you still think it would eat my lunch?
I want to go out and see what you mean, because I have never seen the Con I have a hard time understanding, so I was going to run out and see but if everyone thinks it would "eat my lunch and call me a chump" then I keep asking questions until my feeble mind can get a clear picture.

Moon

wow what an awsome thread, so.........nice .......thanks superjeep dude.
since this 30g jeep needs more money sunk in to it to go up with you all and some of you think a wag might make it in to the nest then... Ive got and Idea and a wag. to be continued when I have more time and money or at least money.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by MudSlideJeeps

I know this is all in fun but it is the only way I can get more than a you "wont make it" out of everyone who goes up it every weekend.:)
This may have been covered before, but why don't you post the details of how your Rubicon is equipped, and I'll give you my opinion of wheather you should attempt it, and why I think that. Also, what is your skill level? What difficult trails have you done? How willing are you to accept body damage? One of the very first parts of Constrictor is a loose off camber area, that slides you down into a rock wall on your passenger side. If you run Constrictor with sheetmetal body panels it is likely that this rock wall will damage your rocker panel and quarterpanel on your passenger side. Are you willing to accept this damage? If I had a Rubicon I prolly wouldn't be. Most of the rigs that do Con are either 1. beaters who's body panels are already dented so much that new dents will be insignificant, 2. Buggies that have few body panels left, or 3. rigs that have been built with body panel protection. Your stock rocker gaurds will not be sufficient to protect you, and they will probably get ripped off. In my opinion, if your Rubicon has 33s or larger, and you don't care about body damage (seriously, you'll get some) than go ahead and give it a shot! I think a Rubicon on 33s could traverse the entire trail and winch up the Eagles nest (do you have a winch?), hell it would prolly be more fun in that rig than in a buggy on 38s!

P

pokeyYJ

Hey, mudside

I don't think that I would want to take your Rubi up there, esp. if it's still your wifes!:D

I have walked the trail before and I would agree that you would need a min. of 35's and some better rockers. The factory Rubi ones are ALUMINUM!! Toby bashed up one of his, and try getting a magnet to stick to the rocker gaurds! I think that they were meant to keep things like dirt and brush off the sides, not rocks. And I don't think that i would want to pivot on the factory ones!

So lets get my waggy running and we will both go and give it a good body bashing college try!!:D :cool:

S

sukaB

Those things act like can openers...
ROCK Sliders
hehehehehe

Did Chrysler buy those from 4WPW?

S

sukaB

Pokey are you saying I actually knew what I was talking about....

FINALLY I NAILED ONE,,,,,,,, WHEW HEWWWWW

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Sorry Mudslide if some people are rubbing you the wrong way. I need to step out of my shoes sometimes or I can be a twit too. Rockmonkey, myself, SukaB.......we've been at this game called "rockcrawling" for quite some time and it is easy to forget that we once were beginners too. Sometimes I think I still am when I look at some of the stuff that these comp guys can drive over! Does your Rubi have a lift? If no, then don't even consider 'Con. Go run RS first, it's pretty fun. 'Con can easily be hiked in half an hour; go see for yourself and you judge. Despite all the very cool things that Rubicons come with it still doesn't replace an experienced driver or make it a competition machine. (I am not saying you are an inexperienced driver, don't take it the wrong way).

Good luck!:)

EZ