Northern Utah 9/27/14 - NPLD - AFC - Forest City Cemetery Project

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
IMG_3456 (Small).JPG

Join ExpeditionUtah (Project Signup Here) on 9/27/14 in American Fork Canyon for National Public Lands Day. ExpeditionUtah and Lone Peak 4x4 Club are joining forces to sponsor the completion of Forest City Cemetery fence build project. The project two years ago for NPLD project was to the build the fence, last year we attempted to get it stained but the rain had other plans. This years goal is to get it stained once and for all thus protecting it for years to come. If we finish up early or have additional manpower, there are additional needs throughout the canyon. No formal RSVP required for the Saturday activities but post up if your going to make it out to help so we have a headcount for projects. The cemetery project needs 15-20 volunteers. If we have more than that signup I'll need someone to take lead on arranging a second group project.

Time: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM

Place: Tibble Fork Reservoir parking lot (American Fork Canyon)

What to bring: Paint brush, tarps, painting clothes and a pair of gloves.

Brush Sizes: If we are able to stain the fence, we need everyone to bring a brush with them. They recommend a ~4 inch bristle brush but a roller or a foam brush may also prove useful.

Canyon Fee: The 27th is a fee free day, so there will be no requirement to pay. :cool:

Weather: Please make sure that your dressed appropriate for the colder weather. In the event of rain or snow we will pick up trash along 085, Graveyard Flat and surrounding areas. Don't forget long pants, coats, gloves, etc.

Project Site:
NPLD14.png

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Hey Kurt,

What if someone were to have a commercial airless sprayer and a generator to run it (me). You interested in that and free up people to do other things or would you rather do the 20 paint brushes version?

Never mind, I have to pick my wife up from the airport a 3pm that day. Someone else can use it though..

Last edited:

UFAB

I got dual viar 450c compressors and a 2 gallon tank plumbed.

Easily run syphon or gravity HVLP gun.

I got miles of air hose.

45 psi 3 cfm requirement

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Graco 395ST piston pump, 2500 psi at the tip
Drop the suction hose in a 5 gal bucket and you can spray a gallon in as little as 3 min...
Low amp draw and I have a 3kw genny.
I really wouldn't want to put the wear and tear on your rigs air system for this, this pump is oil lubed and can do this for years on end.
Probably should bring a weed whacker as well to clear the grass from aound the fence..

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Great questions gents.

Age limit - nope

Sprayer - I'm checking with the FS. I seem to recall it was discussed and turned down based on over spray but I might be imagining that? I'll update when I hear back.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Keep us posted, Kurt. I don't have an awesome air source, but I do have a gun on my shelf that I'll bring if it'll help.

Less time painting = more time wheeling. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Stain is oil based an a sprayer setup could be very useful for corners, posts, etc where brushes can't lay it on thick. Can someone provide a start to finish sprayer setup for the project?