Northern Utah 9/27/14 - NPLD - AFC - Forest City Cemetery Project

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Kurt,

The stain needs to be shaken/stirred/mixed before use. That's easiest to do in the sealed can in a paint shaker.
Do you have that stain yet? I have a stirrer and a drill to run it but it's a little short for a 5 gal bucket if that's what NFS is providing.
Also, are they going to provide any paint thinner for clean-up? Do they provide brushes?

enquiring minds want to know.....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt,

The stain needs to be shaken/stirred/mixed before use. That's easiest to do in the sealed can in a paint shaker.
Do you have that stain yet? I have a stirrer and a drill to run it but it's a little short for a 5 gal bucket if that's what NFS is providing.
Also, are they going to provide any paint thinner for clean-up? Do they provide brushes?

enquiring minds want to know.....

The FS is providing the stain and I know they already have it. I'm guessing 5 gallon buckets due to quantity. We'll plan to have some stir sticks. We need to bring our own paint thinner, paint brushes and some paint tarps would be helpful.

Can someone score stir sticks and some thinner?

Besides the fence stain project there are some other fence build and repairs that need to be made:

"Fence:

There is ample need for manpower with these projects. These projects are more spread out but we will have someone from the Forest Service at all the locations. If you have a post hole digger, and would not mind bringing it…that would be appreciated. I don’t want anyone using a hand held auger. They are just too dangerous."

Anyone have a post hole digger they can bring?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Where we camping? I'm bringing two kids that are psyched to work in the canyon again :D Basically headed up with our Rubicon gear/setup (hope Rubicon's not burned up by the time the weekend rolls around)

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Where we camping? I'm bringing two kids that are psyched to work in the canyon again :D Basically headed up with our Rubicon gear/setup (hope Rubicon's not burned up by the time the weekend rolls around)
In the other thread for QTD, Dutchman flats is the camping plan. I'll be there as soon as I can get through traffic and up the canyon. I'm trying to convince my buddy to come, but I will likely be alone.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have a hand crank post hole digger.

That would be great!

Anyone else have one?

Friday night or Saturday night?

I'm likely out for Friday as I have a commitment with the misses but I know some will be camping that night and lots will be camping Saturday night with the QTD folks.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yes, in the event of rain we will be doing some fence build projects elsewhere in the canyon and other misc. projects. We'll make it happen rain or shine! :D

McFate

Sorry I didn't catch you guys - wasn't able to make it up until around noon, and sounds like by then most everyone had taken off. Hopefully next time.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I passed Kevin on the way down from the QTD and went to sign in.. But every one had dispersed... So I said 'meh' and went home to be with my family..

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks to everyone that made the voyage and braved the wet weather. Despite having to go to plan D and do general trash cleanup, I'm stoked we all did it with smiles and furthermore we found so much to cleanup. I'm convinced the resting souls at Forest City don't want folks around but we will sneak up them next time!