98 S10 SAS build

timsjeep

Had a great time. Rear ARB did not work the entire trip and I was still able to do all the big obstacles :) Here are some pics.

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

timsjeep

most of the pics are from Pritchett but a few are BFE and a few are Poison Spider. Really fun trip. Still amazed how good the truck performed and still drove down the highway at 70 no problem.

leorn

reset
Btt for some thanks/props

I saw this thing on Pritchett over EJS. Great driving, and it looks even better than the pics! Worked great, couldn't believe the things it did with an open rear!

Also thanks for offering the help. We ended up having to go back on sunday to retrieve the Cherokee. Drove/towed him out backwards since the front shaft was too ovaled to get a u-joint back in. Wish we would have done that when you first recommended it.

Last edited:

timsjeep

Btt for some thanks/props

I saw this thing on Pritchett over EJS. Great driving, and it looks even better than the pics! Worked great, couldn't believe the things it did with an open rear!

Also thanks for offering the help. We ended up having to go back on sunday to retrieve the Cherokee. Drove/towed him out backwards since the front shaft was too ovaled to get a u-joint back in. Wish we would have done that when you first recommended it.

Thanks for the props. We had a good time at rocker knocker with you guys. That XJ worked really well before all the problems. Hope he can get them worked out. It was really good to meet you and thanks again for the props.

PS - will have the rear ARB working soon :) Can't wait to see how well she works after that!

timsjeep

Check it out :)

magcover.jpg

magart.jpg

Too bad I didn't have my winch bumper or my True Hi 9 in the rear yet. Oh well.

Here are some updated pics. Tim

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

timsjeep

Congrats on the feature! How'd Billings treat the S10?

It was a blast. First time on Billings, wont be my last. Truck did great. Now that the rear locker is working, it crawls almost anything I point it at. We ran over to 21 road the next day and it continued to impress me. I cant wait to finish my buggy, but until then, this truck will definitely fill the gap. :)

timsjeep

Have not updated the post in a while. Thought I would share some pics from the summer of wheeling. Truck performed very well and had no issues what so ever. I did add some rear bump stops to protect the rear fender flares. I am in the middle of getting a front pan hard bar fab'd and installed. Drive the truck almost everyday and really enjoy it. Really good dual purpose rig.

Going to Moab for Thanksgiving, will post up some pics soon as I get home.

IMG_0098-1.jpg

IMG_0099-1.jpg

IMG_0101-1.jpg

IMG_0111-1.jpg

IMG_0116-1.jpg

IMG_0123-1.jpg

IMG_0124-1.jpg

IMG_0125-1.jpg

IMG_0126-1.jpg

timsjeep

I like it it looks to handle the the trail very well, hows the center of gravity does it feel tipsy at all?

Its not tippy at all. Fact its very stable and feels great in off camber situations. I think the fact that its rather low, has full width axles, and is an auto makes for a stable vehicle. Also, the leafs front and rear makes for good body control, not a lot of flopping around like a link suspension.