Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

We'll be meeting around 6 PM (give or take). PM me your cell # and we'll keep you in the loop. Here's the meeting location/trailhead.

[map]https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Elk+Glen+Dr&daddr=Elk+Glen+Dr&hl=en&sll=40.47601,-111.851538&sspn=0.006692,0.009645&geocode=FdycaQIdSEtV-Q%3BFX6daQIdn0pV-Q&t=h&mra=prev&z=17[/map]

sixstringsteve

It's a great trail. It's technical, but not super fast. It's like rush on more of an incline, and there are some good jumps at the bottom section of the trail. Not a trail for beginners, but not insane either. Lots of really steep downhill switchbacks. I don't know if I'd really call it a "downhill" trail. It's 95% downhill, but you can't hit any faster than 25-30 mph on this trail (and I wouldn't want to even if I could).

I've ridden it on a hardtail before, and it was fine. A big DH bike is not necessary (but it'd sure be fun!). Not a real flowy trail (why can't any Utah trails be flowy?)

sixstringsteve

Have you ridden rush yet? Great trail.

Ive taken a few intermediate riders down Maple Hollow trail and it was a bit much for them. They liked rush a lot more. You're welcome to tag along though, just be warned that it may not be very fun. Then again, you might LOVE it. We'd love to have you join us if you're up to the challenge.

Last edited:

MattL

man i need my mtb out of the garage.. Anyone up for some shore line action by the capitol?

sixstringsteve

That was hands down the best trail I've ridden in Utah. I can't wait to get back. Thanks for shuttling Wayne and Chad. Let's do it again soon!

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I love riding Draper Downhill, always a blast. But since I live in North Ogden I don't get down to ride it very much.
I have been riding the new portion of the Bonneville Shoreline trail in North Ogden that they just finished. Still needs some work because it was just finished last fall but still a great ride, plus it is fun because my company did a lot of volunteer work for the trail. Just bought my wife a new Scott 29er last night so she can come out and enjoy the trails with me. Plus she just got a killer new job with Enve Composites and she said if she is works there she is going to live the lifestyle. If you haven't checked out any of Enve's products go check them out, super sweet products.
http://www.enve.com/

If anyone is looking for some good trail maps of Weber County you can go to Weber Pathways and get a map or get ahold of me and I can get you a map, we have a bunch here at work.

Here is a crappy picture from my ride the other night on North Ogden's Bonneville Trail.
IMG_4023.jpg

sixstringsteve

Maple Hollow is twice as good as it was last year. The berms are great, and there are tons more jumps and features now, most of which are built right. You really need to check it out.

I would LOVE a set of ENVE wheels.