Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Somewhere a fat, out of shape guy could handle. What's a trail that's got a trail rating of 3 or 4 on a 10 scale? I'll be using my vintage Mongoose mtn bike (no suspension---I bought it when I was going to the U in '93 or so)

This will help you

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This will help you

SO not spending money right now. I just $600 in my "CJ" the last couple of days. My son left a TREK with a front suspension fork when he moved out. I assume that's mine now. I could probably get that gone through before the 28th

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Somewhere a fat, out of shape guy could handle. What's a trail that's got a trail rating of 3 or 4 on a 10 scale?
Antelope Island or Corner Canyon, I think, are about as "flat" as mtb trails get in Utah. Or we could go do laps at Fruit Loops in Kaysville, a series of very short loops with varying technical difficulty.

Gonna be real, if you're as out of shape as you say you are, you can't "handle" anything right now :rofl:. I don't say that to discourage you, just be ready for some huffing and puffing and possibly some pushing for your first several rides.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Antelope Island or Corner Canyon, I think, are about as "flat" as mtb trails get in Utah. Or we could go do laps at Fruit Loops in Kaysville, a series of very short loops with varying technical difficulty.

Gonna be real, if you're as out of shape as you say you are, you can't "handle" anything right now :rofl:. I don't say that to discourage you, just be ready for some huffing and puffing and possibly some pushing for your first several rides.
Let's go for the varied terrain at Kaysville?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I'd highly recommend Fruit Loops or Kaysville Wilderness Park to any newbs. The climb at Fruit Loops is gradualish enough but still makes you earn your decent. Plus there is an option to bail at the bottom and have your ride come pick you up. I usually park at the bottom and start with a climb so I don't finish on a climb, buy that's me.

(41.0237336, -111.8982152)
IMG_6069.png

Kaysville Wilderness has a mix of climbs and descents to mix things up.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My son got a flat from a thorn. I popped the tire off the bead, and saw that he has tubeless. It was pretty dry inside. Do I need to patch the tire and add the tubless stuff, or no patch required?

Also, recommended sealant brand??

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So was it already set up as tubeless or did he get a hold in a tube and now you want to convert it to tubeless?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
My son got a flat from a thorn. I popped the tire off the bead, and saw that he has tubeless. It was pretty dry inside. Do I need to patch the tire and add the tubless stuff, or no patch required?

Also, recommended sealant brand??
Probably no patch required - throw some sealant in there and see what happens. I like Orange Seal Endurance, seems to last the longest in our dry air and seals as well as anything else, but anything works. Air it up and if it's spitting sealant through the puncture you can try putting your finger over it for a minute to give the sealant a chance to set up. Worst case scenario you plug it, I like the Granite Stash, I have one on each bike, but they're all about the same.