Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

Do you have a preference between 26", 650B, or 29er? I personally think wheel size is overrated, and I don't believe 650b is the magic bullet everyone thinks it is, but there's definitely a difference between 26 and 29. How tall are you? What do you weigh? Do you break parts often? What's your favorite trail up CC if you could only ride one?

Last edited:

MattL

26 is pretty light for a full susp, but 28 should be no problem.

I've heard the remedies were OK, but nothing special. I hear they bob quite a bit while pedaling. I think you could do better with something else. I know there are a lot of Giant fans around these parts.

Yeah it was good. I was riding a Racerx and currently an old Norco HT.
Dont know anything about Giants.

sixstringsteve

These aren't necessarily the right bikes for you, but I thought I'd write down some of my favorites.

My 3 favorite bikes I've ever ridden are:

SC Nomad 3
GT Distortion
Yeti SB66c​

Bike I'm afraid to ride because it's probably better than my current bike:

Yeti SB6c​

Bikes that don't really do it for me:

Yeti SB5c
Specialized Pitch
Specialized sumpjumper XC (though I like the stumpy EVO)
Fezarri (can't remember the model, Abajo Peak maybe?)
every 29er I've tried (though I'd like to try an eduro 29er and a kona honzo)
most modern rocky mountains
any aluminum hardtail
any bike with chainstays longer than 18"
bikes with a steer tube steeper than 67*​

Bikes that look good on paper, but I haven't ridden them yet:

Yeti SB6c
New Giant carbon reign
YT industries Capra​

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

the 2015 bible of bike video is out! There goes my evening.

[video=youtube;flp8oj0wZSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flp8oj0wZSY&list=PLK25zc3UiM9-BBAqVGsMkGdBuQLa4OhA7[/video]

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I went for a ten mile pavement ride with the skinny tires on yesterday. It was nice to get out with such decent weather.

sixstringsteve

Kevin, are you and your family still in for white rim? The trip is almost all the way full, and I just want to make sure you guys are 100% going.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Rode Lambert with my 4 year old in tow twice this week. He was a little timid o the first run but loved it the second day. We were cruising down sections actually leaning into corners. It was awesome.

IMAG0019_zps5azyh3hi.jpg

sixstringsteve

i'll be camping and mountain biking in the swell this weekend if anyone wants to join. Camping @ wedge overlook on Friday night, and then riding Good Water Canyon Rim. Y'all are welcome to join if you'd like. My wife will be riding with me, which means we'll be riding at an intermediate pace.

sixstringsteve

Rode the Good Water Canyon trail in the swell this weekend with my wife and some friends. Great beginner trail, but not my favorite. It was great training for the white rim trail, and the scenery was incredible. My wife did really well. I never thought she'd enjoy mountain biking, but now she wants her own full suspension bike this year.

20150214_141928.jpg

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'll rain check this trip to get the vehicles down to the right number. With starting this new job its probably a little soon to ask for two weekdays off. Luckily Saturdays/sundays are a non issue now though.