Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
No experience with the Niner brand specifically, but I'm a big fan of 29ers in general. I like the way the bike flows over bumps better, I like the feeling of being between the wheels instead of on top of them (I'm six foot four), I feel more stable and I ride with more confidence. I went from a 29 hard tail to a 26 hard tail and I found the smaller bike terribly twitchy and bouncy, impossible to get any kind of flow going. I'm back on a 29 now, and it's much more, um.. better. For me, anyway. :D

I don't know nuthin about weight, though. I refuse to do anything to cut a gram from any of my kit until I've cut a couple thousand grams from me.

Caleb

Personally, I didn't really care for the feel of my last bike which was a 29. It could have simply been the geometry, but I felt like the bike was not nearly as nimble as even my dirtbike. If I get another MTB, it'll likely be a 26".

sixstringsteve

^ I've got a killer 26" hardtail for sale if you're interested. ;)

But I agree, 26" for me. I ride 650b right now, and while i climb faster (and descend faster), I still felt like the 26" bike was more playful, especially on flowy trails.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I just got a new camera and we decided to take it out for a quick shoot tonight. I'm VERY happy with it.

[video=youtube;JiO7JGdljw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiO7JGdljw0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We rode up AF Canyon. There weren't any signs there saying the trails were closed, but I talked with one other biker who mentioned that the park ranger had just pulled down the "closed, wet trail" signs before we got there. Trails looked good, except for a few horse shoe prints that dried. We didn't make it all the way up to the summit, but we plan on doing that on Saturday.

Anyone up for a nice little 8 mile loop up AF Canyon this Sat?

Also, the draper bike park has it's official opening this Sat too, but I won't be going to that.

I finally got a good pic of my bike:

IMG_8912.JPG

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

One guy up there said the single track isn't officially open till sat, but I'm not sure where he got that info. So don't trust me 100% that it's open. I didn't see any closed signs at timpanookie.

sixstringsteve

a few of us are riding the South Fork Little Deer Creek/Joy loop up AF Canyon tonight.. Meet at the summit parking lot at 5:50 PM if you'd like to join us.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Steve, was it you I saw at the beginning of rush flow today with a group of guys, or was it your doppelganger?

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Has anyone on here been bikepacking? I'm going to go on my first bikepacking trip in a couple weeks and I'm pretty excited for it. I don't have any racks, so I'll be carrying everything on my back. Thankfully I have a light pack.

sixstringsteve

I finally finished the video from our Whole Enchilada trip last year. Featuring 193Kyle and glockman. Sorry, I posted too soon. It'll be done processing very soon.

[video=youtube_share;F42nKY821_A]http://youtu.be/F42nKY821_A[/video]

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That looked like a ton of fun. Maybe one day I'll find the time to bike some more and be able to do an awesome trail like this. Thanks for sharing this.

sixstringsteve

Thanks. I'm not super proud of it; there weren't many different camera shots, it was shaky, and kinda boring. I was more interested in having fun riding the trail than filming that one.