Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Thats, too bad. I may just have to ride the shoreline or something then. I was hoping to get in the trees to try and keep my pale body from getting sun burned. I gotta ride something though cause I swapped over the tires last night.

Come ride Lambert tomorrow.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I think I need to pass tomorrow. I would want to go early in the morning but I'm trying to get some house work done before carpet is installed.

I did end up heading to Bobsled this afternoon. I tried to go up City Creek but it was closed to bikes so I drove over to the Terrace Hill entrance. That was a beast. I ended up walking up most of the hill, then when I got off the paved road I was so tired that I walked up a fair amount of the trail to get to Bobsled. I'm pretty sure I left the main shelf trail too early and only caught up with Bobsled about halfway down. I ate it on a little singletrack while I was making my way to the actual trail, I was traversing the hill and slide off the edge and endo'd but only managed some scrapes to the knees and elbows. I was lucky that my left shoulder took the brunt of the impact I suppose. It was the whole - look where you want to go not where you are - problem that caused my mishap. When I got the actual trail though it was pretty cool, just getting there was a beast.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Lambert was great today. Rodeo > High Bench > Ruin > part of Luge > River > Rodeo. I'm wooped. Boogerface and his new bike rode me into the ground. No sign of the fire, has it grown over already or did we not get near it?

(<- clicky)

20140607_151334_zpsd046ffe0.jpg

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I mostly went with this one because of the discount (40% off). There were a few all mountains discounted but they were like 8% off, which made them almost $2000 more expensive.

sixstringsteve

Here's my opinion.

Fox shocks - great shocks, but overrated and way overpriced

Rockshox - great shocks, slightly less overpriced than fox (but still overpriced)

X-fusion: good shocks at an absolutely killer price. This is what I bought for my recent build. I haven't ridden it yet, but from all my research, they seem fantastic.

Manitou: some models are fantastic, some models aren't. Slightly better price than Rockshox.

If price were no option, I'd get a rockshox, though I have a hard time telling apart a rockshox, manitou, or fox with my eyes closed (assuming they're all set up for me).

Last edited:

Samersen

I just put a new rockshock on my wife's 29er. It is a fairly basic airshock but it made a night and say difference from her suntour spring shock. I have fox shocks on the front and the rear of mine and I love it! I have never done research on X-funsion though.

sixstringsteve

ebay, chainreaction (in the UK, so shipping takes a while), jenson (price matching), pricepoint, treefort bikes.

I just do a google search for the item I want. Then I click the "shopping" tab above, then sort by price. Sometimes a bike shop will be blowing it out at a cheap price, and this is the best way to find it.

Make sure you get the right steer tube size (1.5", 1 1/8", or tapered), and make sure you get the right axle setup on that fork. I'm betting you have a 9mm qr up front. Forks come in 9mm, 15mm, or 20mm axles. I really prefer the 15mm front axle, and since you're paying for a new fork anyway, it may be worth upgrading to a 15mm axle. However, if your front hub is a 9mm qr, you're going to have to either convert the front hub (which may not be possible) or get a new front wheel.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Anyone up for a beginner ride tomorrow? I'm trying to get my little bro hooked on biking, so we're going to take it easy. I'm thinking we'll ride AF Canyon or possibly corner canyon. I have a few shuttle runs in mind. Meeting around 5PM, riding 'till 6:30 or 7. Anyone with a good attitude is welcome to join us.

Last edited: