Anyone know of any isolated trails?

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Meat_ said:
I can't think of anyplace that suits your needs until they start opening canyon gates.... How far are you willing to drive "home" (I guess I'd need to know where work is for that to matter)

You can get a winter camping permit (I think it's free) for AF canyon.... you can get an annual pass for the canyon for $25 (you should have that anyway ;) )

Edit: And I concur with Cody.

Yeah, if they'd open those darn gates I know of a few spots. Gurrr. Oh well.

I live in Orem, about a mile or two away from the entrance to Provo canyon. I hoping for no more than like a 30-45min drive each way. We'll see how lucky I get.

TexasTJ

Lift Laws Suck...
Sweet, I'm n' the same boat.... I'm movin' up there next week and don't have a clue where I'm stayin'! Let me know if ya find a cool place...

tiny2085

HomeGrown
Chiksic said:
Eww. :eek: But there's a big difference between a 10 and 16 year old and a 18 and 24 year old and a 30 and 36 year old. The older you get the less freakish it get. Plus guys on average are 2 years less mature than girls anyway so it's only like 4 years :p

Huh, seems like she's really pushing the " it's ok if we dated" envelope doesn't it ? :rofl:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I'm pushing the age thing because I've dated older men when I was younger.... I was 17 he was 27.... I'm trying to justify myself, so shhh!

And Hobble Creek's probably still closed and a little to far. I'm going exploring tomorrow, though, so we'll see.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
that's worth a look. that's out of pleasant grove, right? I think I've been there before. If it's what I'm thinking of, due to the streets you have to go on to get there is a longer drive than it should be. but i could be wrong.

Where did you get that pic? That looks like a great map.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Chiksic said:
Eww. :eek: But there's a big difference between a 10 and 16 year old

correct

and a 18 and 24 year old

correct

and a 30 and 36 year old. The older you get the less freakish it get.

also correct

Plus guys on average are 2 years less mature than girls anyway so it's only like 4 years :p

if you really believe that then that is proof that 18 y/o's have a lot to learn.

Yeah you're probably right. I thought I knew everything when I was 16 and looking back I'm just like :eek:

Do you feel you are on the same level emotionally as a 16 y/o after how much change you've gone through? Thats just 2 years of growth. Imagine how much you will change in the next 6 years....

Once you get to your 20's, it's not that big of a deal--as you said. I see guys in there mid to late 20's dating 18-20 year old girls and I just laugh. I think it's funny.

Cody

Meat_

Banned
Chiksic said:
that's worth a look. that's out of pleasant grove, right? I think I've been there before. If it's what I'm thinking of, due to the streets you have to go on to get there is a longer drive than it should be. but i could be wrong.

Where did you get that pic? That looks like a great map.

It's from TOPO! 1550 seamless 7.5’ maps of Utah.... Sorry you can't read it very well but the compression killed it.

Caleb

Meat_ said:
It's from TOPO! 1550 seamless 7.5’ maps of Utah.... Sorry you can't read it very well but the compression killed it.

OT: Is that the National Geographic one? I have Back Road Explorer from them for all 50 states and the maps look just like that...its an awesome program, too bad they dont have it for Mac :-\

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cody said:
Do you feel you are on the same level emotionally as a 16 y/o after how much change you've gone through? Thats just 2 years of growth. Imagine how much you will change in the next 6 years....
Cody
You are exactly right, Cody.
I recently heard a newstudy that concentrated on the part of the human brain that is used for making long term decisions. In short,this part of your brain grows rapidly beginning at adolescence and doesn't stop growing until about 25. I'll see if I can find the link, it was very interesting.

Here it is. link: the Teen brain

Last edited:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Cody said:

Once you get to your 20's, it's not that big of a deal--as you said. I see guys in there mid to late 20's dating 18-20 year old girls and I just laugh. I think it's funny.

Cody

Nope, I don't feel like I'm on the same level emotionally, or in any way really, as a 16 year old. My only point is that to me 6 years isn't that bad. There's a lot of mature 18 yo's and a lot of immature 24 yo's. You find this at any age. It's based on the person. Yes age and brain chemistry plays a huge role, but individuals can break away from the norm.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Hickey said:
You are exactly right, Cody.
I recently heard a newstudy that concentrated on the part of the human brain that is used for making long term decisions. In short,this part of your brain grows rapidly beginning at adolescence and doesn't stop growing until about 25. I'll see if I can find the link, it was very interesting.

Here it is. link: the Teen brain
Cool article. It doesn't have enough detail for me to totally take it as truth, though.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Chiksic said:
Cool article. It doesn't have enough detail for me to totally take it as truth, though.

so what details do you have that would support your claim that girls are 2 your more mature than guys?

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
Maturity is gauged by actions founded on ones intrinsic values when the going gets tough, not scientific research and pandering to those with accoutrimental excess of intelectualism.