Anyone know of any isolated trails?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
5DollerShake said:
Maturity is gauged by actions founded on ones intrinsic values when the going gets tough, not scientific research and pandering to those with accoutrimental excess of intelectualism.

Right. My point is the development of those intrinsic values is relative to ones personal experience. Generally speaking, 18 y/o's havent exactly seen or experienced the world so the pool of information and experiences they have to base those values upon is limited. Also, to say the women are two years more advanced than men is, to me at least, a bit far fetched.

I define maturity not as a set of values (which are socially constructed based on community and family influence), but on a learned ability to determine the deontologically correct decision and action for specific situations. but there really isn't a right or wrong definition

Cody

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
I agree wholeheartedly, My response wasn't really aimed at you. It is you whom i agree with. Although I take it one step further, ones ability for deontological adjudication does not so much determine the amplitude of their maturity so much as The application of actions decided upon as a result of said deontological adjudication.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
Just as the application of my writing skills shows that I have as of yet to reach my prime in this area.

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
Physiologically, women do mature at a younger age than men i.e. the reach puberty sooner. This, however, has nothing to do with mental/social maturity.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Yep.....Here's a Recap

chiksic- I am leaving my house to go become a hermit(short term) Does anyone know where to go?

Random RME people- yeah go here go there blah blah blah
chiksick-cool
Randon RME people-don't let anything happen to you..it's scary...blah blah....
Cody-I'm too old for you...I just got my drivers license and you are in fourth grade
chiksic-thats not too old but it kinda is cause of our intelectual levels don't match
Cody-I'm too old but not really
Random RME people- maturity levels, puberty, age difference.....blah blah blah......
Cody-I hate you but I really don't....
chiksic-I know of more age differences.....
then me.....

Did I miss anything????

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Ohms said:
Yep.....Here's a Recap

chiksic- I am leaving my house to go become a hermit(short term) Does anyone know where to go?

chiksick-cool
Cody-I'm too old for you...I just got my drivers license and you are in fourth grade
chiksic-thats not too old but it kinda is cause of our intelectual levels don't match
Random RME people- maturity levels, puberty, age difference.....blah blah blah......
then me.....

Did I miss anything????

BWAHAHAHAHA nice recap :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Ohms said:
Yep.....Here's a Recap

chiksick-cool
then me.....

Did I miss anything????
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, being that my thread is completely shot to hell and is totally off topic now, I'll forget about getting spots from ya'll cuz you obviously don't know any :p and I'll continue with the discussion that would now be considered on topic....

If personal experience determines maturity, personal experience is relative and is not always corellated with age. I know a 21 yo who is still living at home with his mommy and daddy, was home schooled his whole education except 1 year when he branched out enough to take a Seminary class in high school. His friends consist of family members and a couple of his younger brother's friends who occasionally come over. Oh, and of course, his internet chat buddies. Now, he may be 3 years older than me but I am exremely confident in saying I've had more life experience than him, and according to what ya'll have established, am therefore more mature. Age has very little to do with maturity. Personality and choices have everything to do with it.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
I'll just add that if you think sleeping in a jeep is more comfortable than sleeping in a tent, then your camping maturity level is lacking.

Go camping anyway, though, it sound like a blast. I lived in a tent for 6 weeks once. It was awesome.

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Chiksic said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and is not always corellated with age. I know a 21 yo who is still living at home with his mommy and daddy, .

I don't see the problem in that, I live with mommy and unless I can get a serious raise, I think I'll be here for a while :D

By the way, that was a pretty sweet recap, I almost forgot all that had happened in this thread, thanx man :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Chiksic said:
Well, I live at home too (for another day), but the point is he's a bum. No job, no life. It's sad.
If I moved back in with mom and dad, I could quit my job and my wife could support the family with her..... "Happy buisness" That would roxor. :hickey:

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
In addition, Maturity is when you stop bench marking yourself by others, let alone those worse off than yourself. If you must benchmark your own maturity do so by the light of one who is at a higher level, atleast then you'll have something to work at instead of justifying your current position and settling for a lack of progression. In the Ideal scenario one should benchmark Today by yesterday and use that growth to set an appropriate goal for tommorow. ;)

Truk

JeepFan
I heard of a really great secluded spot it sounds great! It is a little further North than you would like but it sounds like a pretty sweat spot! for directions and info. Email this guy. www.Brian David Mitchell.com

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
5DollerShake said:
In addition, Maturity is when you stop bench marking yourself by others, let alone those worse off than yourself. If you must benchmark your own maturity do so by the light of one who is at a higher level, atleast then you'll have something to work at instead of justifying your current position and settling for a lack of progression. In the Ideal scenario one should benchmark Today by yesterday and use that growth to set an appropriate goal for tommorow. ;)
Dallin, first, please stop acting like you know me.
Second, I'm not justifying and settling for a lack of progression. I try to make myself better everyday, that's one reason I'm choosing to move out. And, you're contradicting yourself. You said maturity is based on personal experiences. I was agreeing with you by illustrating the difference experience makes vs age. It had nothing to do with justifying or settleing.