April 13-14 RME Moab gathering

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I used to stay at the Motel 6 in Moab for $36. 😵
I used to sleep on the trailer under my rig in the City Market parking lot...right where the gas station is now.

My 80-100 days in moab/year recipe was to buy a loaf of bread, some PB and honey. A little preassembly and you're good for 3-4 days of meals. Carwash showers for $1.50 (don't pull the high pressure trigger). Could do a week in Moab for like $150 including fuel ha ha. Maybe more like $300 including the broken dana 44 shafts.

If I have a suitable off road vehicle around this time, I'll try to make it down.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We had a pretty sweet gig with St. Danes cabins on the southern most part of town. They charged us less than $100 per night during EJS for the last 8 years. The owners sold out and last year was the end. Now same cabin is $300+.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I used to sleep on the trailer under my rig in the City Market parking lot...right where the gas station is now.

My 80-100 days in moab/year recipe was to buy a loaf of bread, some PB and honey. A little preassembly and you're good for 3-4 days of meals. Carwash showers for $1.50 (don't pull the high pressure trigger). Could do a week in Moab for like $150 including fuel ha ha. Maybe more like $300 including the broken dana 44 shafts.

If I have a suitable off road vehicle around this time, I'll try to make it down.
Most of us will be in stockish Gladiators, so your F-150 will probably hang just fine.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

This reminds me of a time me and some friends rolled into town right after high school at like midnight on a Friday. It was pouring rain and no rooms available at hotels in our meager price range, all the campground offices were closed so we ended up sleeping in our cars right below the radio tower on the way to Sand Flats. Being 6'2", sleeping in the drivers seat of a Samurai is a tight squeeze!
We got woken up at like 6am by the Sheriff telling us to move along. Good times.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
This reminds me of a time me and some friends rolled into town right after high school at like midnight on a Friday. It was pouring rain and no rooms available at hotels in our meager price range, all the campground offices were closed so we ended up sleeping in our cars right below the radio tower on the way to Sand Flats. Being 6'2", sleeping in the drivers seat of a Samurai is a tight squeeze!
We got woken up at like 6am by the Sheriff telling us to move along. Good times.
Ya, I eventually adopted that spot too. Didn't often have issues.

Maybe I can get the temp gauge fixed on the CJ before then. I could probably just drag the CJ down.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I used to stay at the Motel 6 in Moab for $36. 😵
That's private room at the Lazy Lizard money now. Brothers and I stayed in one of the cabins for a couple nights last year... decent bunkbeds, window AC unit, it wasn't terrible.

The showers are still terrible though. I've used better in fire camp.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm sure some people on here would be happy to help you get that fixed! Not me, but some people.
Ya, things like this come down to time and space (and money, but this shouldn't cost much). Now that I spend my Saturday morning forced at home with my roommates (not that that's bad, but I just usually would work Saturdays since, you know, the sun comes up) I've had a few hours to tinker on things. It does always seem like the block of hours I have coincides with inclement weather though, and I'm too old to work on a car in the rain/snow.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ya, things like this come down to time and space (and money, but this shouldn't cost much). Now that I spend my Saturday morning forced at home with my roommates (not that that's bad, but I just usually would work Saturdays since, you know, the sun comes up) I've had a few hours to tinker on things. It does always seem like the block of hours I have coincides with inclement weather though, and I'm too old to work on a car in the rain/snow.
I know a guy with a massive government funded, climate controlled shop who'd be happy to work on it for you during the week if you're able to get it there.

Thursty

One run I want to do that I've never done is Shaffer trail , Dead Horse Point, Long Canyon. Should be stock Gladiator friendly? Is that interesting to anyone else?
It’s usually a pretty tame road but that can easily change when the rain has its way with it.