April 13-14 RME Moab gathering

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We'll be arriving Friday afternoon at the KOA, who else is going to be down there then?
What trails are we planning on running?

Let's banter trails around a bit. I have yet to run "Shaeffer Trail" but I can do that anytime. I'm glad to run people up Dome Plateau and do a little exploring there rather than stick to the EJS permitted route. Lost World is a newish trail (maybe best on Sunday as it's near Crescent Junction). Sounds like we are looking for mild stuff with the rigs that are attending. I need to get some reservations at KOA it sounds like?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Let's banter trails around a bit. I have yet to run "Shaeffer Trail" but I can do that anytime. I'm glad to run people up Dome Plateau and do a little exploring there rather than stick to the EJS permitted route. Lost World is a newish trail (maybe best on Sunday as it's near Crescent Junction). Sounds like we are looking for mild stuff with the rigs that are attending. I need to get some reservations at KOA it sounds like?
I've done Shaffer a couple times in the past few years. I'm cool with doing it again, but its probably been 20ish years since I've done Dome Plateau, so I'm partial to that. I'd also be hip for Lost World since I'm not familiar with it.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I've done Shaffer a couple times in the past few years. I'm cool with doing it again, but its probably been 20ish years since I've done Dome Plateau, so I'm partial to that. I'd also be hip for Lost World since I'm not familiar with it.

Here's the .kml track from RR4W site for Lost World if someone wants to upload it into their app of choice. (zipped so it could be uploaded here)

Attachments

• 85.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 85.kml
    140.9 KB · Views: 4

mbryson

Supporting Member
Chiming in as a tentative for Lost World on the 14th if you think an F-150 on 285s won’t hold up the group. Not sure yet what my Sunday looks like yet.

I've not run the trail before but it's a "3". I believe you'd be good to go? https://www.rr4w.com/trail-details.cfm?trailid=85

1712087092069.png

Tentative plans as of 1:45pm, 4/2/2024-

Saturday - Dome Plateau (solid knowledge)
Sunday - Lost World (I have not run this trail before--will be following the RR4W gps track posted above) ---I'm planning to exit out the Ruby Ranch exit onto I-70 accessing Ten Mile Road to do so. Getting from Lost World to Ten Mile Road is kind of undefined but we'll explore as we go

Just to be clear. We are meeting for breakfast at the Diner on Sat and the Grill on Sunday. If people follow me on the trails, I'm cool with that. If folks are interested in becoming a RR4W trail official, I can make this a little more formal. If those activities aren't interesting to you, we'll catch you at breakfast

I'll be on GMRS and/or HAM that may or may not be mentioned at breakfast :D

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I've not run the trail before but it's a "3". I believe you'd be good to go? https://www.rr4w.com/trail-details.cfm?trailid=85

View attachment 171381

Sunday - Lost World (I have not run this trail before--will be following the RR4W gps track posted above) ---I'm planning to exit out the Ruby Ranch exit onto I-70 accessing Ten Mile Road to do so. Getting from Lost World to Ten Mile Road is kind of undefined but we'll explore as we go

Just to be clear. We are meeting for breakfast at the Diner on Sat and the Grill on Sunday. If people follow me on the trails, I'm cool with that. If folks are interested in becoming a RR4W trail official, I can make this a little more formal. If those activities aren't interesting to you, we'll catch you at breakfast

Sounds solid.
If people don't have GMRS or HAM radio's I have a stack of handhelds I can bring down.

View attachment 171381

Seems like I used 4x4 in only one location on Lost World.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Game for most *easier* trails. On the fence if I’m bringing the JL or JT. JT ridin a bit low at the moment increasing chance of leaving white marks in the rock everywhere I go.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Game for most *easier* trails. On the fence if I’m bringing the JL or JT. JT ridin a bit low at the moment increasing chance of leaving white marks in the rock everywhere I go.
I'd bet you're good on most parts of Dome Plateau? Hard to know for sure on "Lost World" but with @Maverick endorsement above, I bet that's even less of a risk?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Due to work (ugh... work...), it looks like we won't be leaving Salt Lake until 4pm Friday. So I'll expect my steak dinner to be ready for me when I arrive at the KOA around 8.