Attn all: Signatures

Jeeptj98

spencurai said:
I received no PM and was never asked to remove anything I have had on my avatars and signature...but I have had my signature changed once and removed once. Why the sudden attack of rules around here. I understand no girly stuff but how in the hell is a velcro sneaker offensive...I mean come frickin on, it is a velcro sneaker and it aint hurtin nobody!!!

Maybe they want you to pay advertising for that Sneaker? :confused:

RamToy

Wickha Wickha Wa
Supergper said:
actually, I PM'd you a LONG time ago...you removed it for a while and then I just started noticing it again, so rather than babysitting ya I just removed it...

I do not remember you ever sending me a PM.

A velcro sneaker is offensive to me the shoe-lace tying type. We shoe lace tiers feel it is ridiculous that anyone should be so lazy to not tie thier own shoe. Therefore We find it offensive. :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
:rolleyes:

First off: The FAQ section was outdated. It has been updated today to follow along with the new vendor rules

Second: Most avatars are fine wheeling related or not... just keep them pg-13 because we have members of all ages visiting this forum at all times.

Third: I brought this up because recently some signature images and text have been getting out of hand and distracting. Deal with it. I can remove signatures all together.

Why does everything have to be a battle on this forum? This is a Privately owned and operated forum, doesn't matter if you like the rules or not.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Herzog said:
Why does everything have to be a battle on this forum? This is a Privately owned and operated forum, doesn't matter if you like the rules or not.

I just wanted to quote it.

And I agree with it.

Not that my opinion means a whole lot around here, but when I moved here this board was the first contact I had with the community, as a mtter of fact FATTODOG and CODY were the first 2 to respond to anything I posted. The ones I left had an animosity on there board that makes it, well, miserable at times.

There is always those that want to fight the power and those that just, dont care. Im not here to bash or ***** or complain, but as mostly an outsider looking in, (edited for correctness, should say "whoever") owns this place, of his own graciousness, he allows all of us to come visit, BS, sell, buy, teach, learn, etc.

I dont think anyone really realizes what the cost that is incured or the time it takes to dedicate to keep a site like this running smooth. We dont have unusual down times like the PBB does, or login problems. As far as im concerned, this is pretty pleasant BB to visit. If the owner wants me to do something to make it keep running smooth, so be it. If its a retarded idea, then Ill PM him, Im sure not going to publicly do it.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The rules are not here to punish or inconvenience anybody... they are here to help make this place decent, fair and run smoothly with limited moderator or administrative intervention. I'm sorry if anybody sees it the other way.

Personally, I don't have a problem with anybody on this forum. I like to think that we can all get along and look past all the silly drama that does happen here on RME when we meet on the trails. It's all good fun right? :)

Caleb

Badcop said:
Not that my opinion means a whole lot around here,

being that you are an active member around here I'd say it matters just as much as any ac tive member

but when I moved here this board was the first contact I had with the community, as a mtter of fact FATTODOG and CODY were the first 2 to respond to anything I posted. The ones I left had an animosity on there board that makes it, well, miserable at times.

Thats one of the main reasons this board is here, to bring the local wheelin community together, to give them a place to arange (and join) trail rides.

There is always those that want to fight the power and those that just, dont care. Im not here to bash or ***** or complain, but as mostly an outsider looking in, (edited for correctness, should say "whoever") owns this place, of his own graciousness, he allows all of us to come visit, BS, sell, buy, teach, learn, etc.

yep, no matter what you do there will ALWAYS be those that dont like it

I dont think anyone really realizes what the cost that is incured or the time it takes to dedicate to keep a site like this running smooth. We dont have unusual down times like the PBB does, or login problems. As far as im concerned, this is pretty pleasant BB to visit.

Time and cost are a big thing. We have 8 volunteer mods, 2 of which are admins and we have an additional admin that helps with issues (so 9 people total), trying to stay on top of problems. All of us have full-time jobs outside of RME so sometimes things will get missed, we do our best to keep this place acceptable.

If the owner wants me to do something to make it keep running smooth, so be it. If its a retarded idea, then Ill PM him, Im sure not going to publicly do it.

I wish others would get this idea, the only thing that is going to happen by trying to call one of the mods out on the board is you are either going to look like a retard or you will just be ignored. We really do reactive more positively and more quickly to a PM then anything else. Like Herzog said a few posts up, we dont do things with the intention of making anyones life more inconvenient or to punish anyone. We like to come on here and have fun and BS just like everyone else does. Like Herzog, anything on the board stays on the board, I dont hold grudges I could care less if you disagree with me and want to call me names...it wont hurt my feeling (yes, I only have one left) and I hope that when we happen to meet on the trail there wont be any hard feelings, but if there are thats your loss not mine :D

tv_larsen

Herzog said:
I can remove signatures all together.
On RCC the signiture pics were also getting out of hand a few months ago. A similar thread was started asking people to limit them. After much moaning and complaining, the admin rewrote the board so that pics would not show in signitures at all. There's never been another peep about the subject.

Caleb

tv_larsen said:
On RCC the signiture pics were also getting out of hand a few months ago. A similar thread was started asking people to limit them. After much moaning and complaining, the admin rewrote the board so that pics would not show in signitures at all. There's never been another peep about the subject.

I think Herzog had it that way a while back, then changed it back to allow them...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'd just like to take a moment and say that before one of the CFSJA guys clued me in to this site, I had assumed there was a tiny cluster of shop guys that knew each other, and that was the club. However, everyone I've dealt with from this board in person has been friendly and helpful, and that goes for almost everyone I've dealt with online too. It makes me happy to see that there is a way to get in touch with all the other rednecks out there with their big stupid trucks, and their little stupid trucks too. :D

As far as the board goes, this is pretty laid back, probably because it is fairly smallish, and local by nature. Privately owned and free, that rocks, so I'm not gonna complain about moderation and/or it's inconsistencies-- sites are run by people, who may or may not watch every little thing like a hawk every day. That's a pain in the ass.

anyway. Thanks for the board, thanks for the laughs, thank you thank you etc.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Tacoma said:
I'd just like to take a moment and say that before one of the CFSJA guys clued me in to this site, I had assumed there was a tiny cluster of shop guys that knew each other, and that was the club. However, everyone I've dealt with from this board in person has been friendly and helpful, and that goes for almost everyone I've dealt with online too. It makes me happy to see that there is a way to get in touch with all the other rednecks out there with their big stupid trucks, and their little stupid trucks too. :D

As far as the board goes, this is pretty laid back, probably because it is fairly smallish, and local by nature. Privately owned and free, that rocks, so I'm not gonna complain about moderation and/or it's inconsistencies-- sites are run by people, who may or may not watch every little thing like a hawk every day. That's a pain in the ass.

anyway. Thanks for the board, thanks for the laughs, thank you thank you etc.

Who you callin a redneck?? :redneck:

To he11 with you and your little truck.....

:D

;)

Last edited:

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I like everyone, I don't care what they do, say,how big they're sig is, or otherwise. I also don't mind a little ribbing from anyone either, I wouldn't dish it out if I couldn't take it. :D. I love clowning around and stuff, but hey; apparently some people don't see everything as a joke like I do. I never meant to offend anyone.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
PierCed_3 said:
Who you callin a redneck?? :redneck:

To he11 with you and your little truck.....
:D

;)

ok, so the rest of you can run little Jeeps and Samurais... and I need a big monster on Rockwells and maybe 46's. What's your point, man!

:eek: :rofl: