Auto transport recommendations?

The_Lobbster

I’ve used small outfits off Uship with good success, just want to make sure they have good insurance.

Or, see if any RME members have an empty trailer coming back anytime soon?

NYCEGUY01

Uship is damn hit or miss in my experience.
Either a complete mess or awesome.

The problem with the lowest bidder, is you get the lowest bidder...lol

CA isnt that far for a 3 day weekend trip.....
Id suggest going to get it yourself or really overpaying someone to go get it for you so there arent any issues...

All the brokers on Uship just put out the shipment to all the same drivers on the boards regardless on who you pick for the most part, none of them actually have their own trucks. A higher price may get it done sooner or get better dates for your liking but youre still getting who will do it cheapest almost no matter what.

I had a car shipped from outside Chicago last year to me here in Willard, The russian driver (who sounded exactly like a bond villian) made the trip in under 24hrs from the time he picked it up...lol
When he pulled up out front of my house a Willard cop pulled in behind him because they thought he was trying to avoid the scales, we talked to the cop and all was good once they found out this is where the delivery actually was.

He was very relieved the cop left without checking anything because as he put it " My logs are problematic". He was also a bit twitchy.

He arrived at like 5 pm to make the drop and his plan was to unload, go drop off another one in Layton, and then be in San Francisco by 8AM the next morning to unload the rest at a car dealership right when they opened...

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Uship is damn hit or miss in my experience.
Either a complete mess or awesome.

The problem with the lowest bidder, is you get the lowest bidder...lol

CA isnt that far for a 3 day weekend trip.....
Id suggest going to get it yourself or really overpaying someone to go get it for you so there arent any issues...

All the brokers on Uship just put out the shipment to all the same drivers on the boards regardless on who you pick for the most part, none of them actually have their own trucks. A higher price may get it done sooner or get better dates for your liking but youre still getting who will do it cheapest almost no matter what.

I had a car shipped from outside Chicago last year to me here in Willard, The russian driver (who sounded exactly like a bond villian) made the trip in under 24hrs from the time he picked it up...lol
When he pulled up out front of my house a Willard cop pulled in behind him because they thought he was trying to avoid the scales, we talked to the cop and all was good once they found out this is where the delivery actually was.

He was very relieved the cop left without checking anything because as he put it " My logs are problematic". He was also a bit twitchy.

He arrived at like 5 pm to make the drop and his plan was to unload, go drop off another one in Layton, and then be in San Francisco by 8AM the next morning to unload the rest at a car dealership right when they opened...
Ah, the good old days. 😄

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Just completely out of curiousity: what does a company like that charge to transport from LA to here?