Bart's 99 TJ

I'd prefer this thread stay focused on the TJ and not my vehicular longevity. Picked up this Chili Pepper red 99 TJ up because it fit my needs sooooo much better than my old YJ.

It has:
Auto
A/C
Cruise
SYE
44 rear
Super 30 in the front
ARBs front and rear
4.5" of lift
Tuffy Console
Almost new 35 x 15 MTZs
Full size spare, and the list goes on and on.
I've already put my Warn front bumper on and the Warn 9000i winch I had in the garage. The rear Warn bumper/tire carrier will go on before EJS.

As with any rig I can't be satisfied until I make it mine. I picked up a used GenRight tank and have started planning the wheelbase stretch. I ordered the rear stretch corners from GenRight today and have a set of their rear control arms coming before EJS. After that it will get a Tera belly up and front long arm suspension. It will also get some good shocks. The wheelbase should be right around 100" when all is said and done.

Those are really the only mods I have planned for this rig. I want to be able to drive 80 on the freeway, wheel it in Moab, haul my clubs to the golf course, and maybe do some exploration.

Attachments

• 99TJ.jpg
    99TJ.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Bart

I really liked the rig too, but was getting ready for a major upgrade, including a 5.9 motor swap, Atlas, tub cut, and a new rear stretch involving a bed. If you saw Chris Durham's rig in the current Ultimate Adventure, that was pretty close to my plan. I got offered a decent price for the rig and decided to save the project time and go back to a buggy. Here's the new ride. I'm sure you'll recognized it. ; )

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?93153-Super-Ranger-AKA-Stranger