Bart's 99 TJ

I'd prefer this thread stay focused on the TJ and not my vehicular longevity. Picked up this Chili Pepper red 99 TJ up because it fit my needs sooooo much better than my old YJ.

It has:
Auto
A/C
Cruise
SYE
44 rear
Super 30 in the front
ARBs front and rear
4.5" of lift
Tuffy Console
Almost new 35 x 15 MTZs
Full size spare, and the list goes on and on.
I've already put my Warn front bumper on and the Warn 9000i winch I had in the garage. The rear Warn bumper/tire carrier will go on before EJS.

As with any rig I can't be satisfied until I make it mine. I picked up a used GenRight tank and have started planning the wheelbase stretch. I ordered the rear stretch corners from GenRight today and have a set of their rear control arms coming before EJS. After that it will get a Tera belly up and front long arm suspension. It will also get some good shocks. The wheelbase should be right around 100" when all is said and done.

Those are really the only mods I have planned for this rig. I want to be able to drive 80 on the freeway, wheel it in Moab, haul my clubs to the golf course, and maybe do some exploration.

Attachments

• 99TJ.jpg
    99TJ.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Bart

Added pic. Also came with a soft top and bikini. The soft top is going on this weekend for EJS. Still trying to decide if I'm keeping the black wheels.

Last edited:

Bart

Sounds like fun. That has the same build as my 97 TJ has right down to the tires. Just wondering what shocks you are thinking of using?

Probably some good Bilsteins. I hear they make a world of difference in the ride. Is yours built the way mine is now or have you stretched it?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I really liked my RE monotubes better than the Bilsteins I had. The RE's have a much softer ride, where the Bilsteins were more firm. RE's are a little cheaper too, if I remember right. Both are outstanding shocks and neither would be a bad choice.

Bart

Glad to see you are still planing on EJS this year. I hope to run into you again.
LT.

Wouldn't miss it. I'm still leading Hells Revenge on opening Saturday (thank you again Dave) and had to something capable. When will you be getting down there?

I really liked my RE monotubes better than the Bilsteins I had. The RE's have a much softer ride, where the Bilsteins were more firm. RE's are a little cheaper too, if I remember right. Both are outstanding shocks and neither would be a bad choice.

Thanks Wayne, and I value your judgment. I'll put them on my list. We'll be seeing you in about 6 days. :cool:

LT.

Wouldn't miss it. I'm still leading Hells Revenge on opening Saturday (thank you again Dave) and had to something capable. When will you be getting down there?

We should be pulling into the Pack Creek Campground at either 2300 hours on March 31st or at 0600 hours on April 1st. I am really wanting to make it to the RME run on Greenday. I did not make the one last year because my lights were limited.

LT.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
It looks supper clean (nice!). It sounds like it will be real capable & still suit your other needs as well.
as soon as it warms up we need to go for a ride. I took my tank & tins in on mon. for new paint, Im hoping it turns out ok

Bart

It looks supper clean (nice!). It sounds like it will be real capable & still suit your other needs as well.
as soon as it warms up we need to go for a ride. I took my tank & tins in on mon. for new paint, Im hoping it turns out ok

Thanks Goose, it did real well in Moab. When I got back I put some different wheels on it. Just couldn't do the black steel wheels. Pics coming.

Let me know when you get the tins back and lets ride. Had the bike out a lot so far. What color are you going? Who is painting it? I have a color change planned for mine one of these winters, but not sure I want to tackle it myself.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
It took ya long enough!

When I got back I put some different wheels on it. Just couldn't do the black steel wheels. Pics coming.

Time for a ride. I'm thinking about heading down for the car show, you game? If my better half is still layed up I might have to take the Caddy, so your junk could go in my trunk (something about that sentence just don't sound right).

Bart

I may go to Death Valley the week before, but if I don't I'm thinking of the car show in Moab. I'd prolly just camp in a tent. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm looking forward to strapping a bag and tent on the bike and doing some camping this season. It might only last one trip, but I gotta see what it's like. Moab and this time of year could be the perfect opportunity.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
sounds like moab was fun! (always is!!!)
I decided on the flat black look, like a nightster. so all my chrome is getting powder coated as well. hope it turns out ok, Im a bit nervous to be honest.

Bart

New shoes. I know a lot of people prefer black wheels but after EJS I decided they just aren't for me. I traded them for some bling. Also including a couple of poser pics from EJS. My daughter Carli was driving at the time.

Attachments

• newwheels.jpg
    newwheels.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 76

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
those look sweet! Im with you, the black is fine (thats what I have) but the pol aluminum looks sweet! (more personality)
thats why Im nervous about my bike!!
I did get my odds & ends & wheels back from powder coating yesterday & they look awesome! I hope to get my tank & tins back today.