Battery Operated Portable Air Compressors

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I have yet to mount my ARB CKMA12 compressor that I pulled out of the Trooper into the Patrol. This weekend's trip I aired my tires down knowing that someone on the trail would happily lend me their compressor or I'd find a service station before I hit the highway.
@TEAM FRED had his DeWalt compressor handy and I was very impressed. Compact, was able to air up all my tires on one battery, and you can dial in the pressure. I'm sold! The question I have is does anyone have another brand than DeWalt that can give a comparison. I'm kinda in the Craftsman "ecosystem" for tools, so I'm curious about their CMCE520B model.

The_Lobbster

I just saw this video the other day. Considering the milwaukee he tested was only 12v, and the rest were 18v or so, I think the milwaukee would be the way to go. I'm partial to red though.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have minimal experience with variety of tools.. but I know staying with the same brand and battery pack is key to efficiency and function. I have all DeWalt 20v tools. I have a charger in the garage, one hooked in to the truck, one in the tool bag, etc. I am always able to charge batteries no matter where/when I need them. If I had multiple types of batteries or chargers, one or the other would always be unavailable.. If you are already on the craftsman brand, I'd stick with it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I just saw this video the other day. Considering the milwaukee he tested was only 12v, and the rest were 18v or so, I think the milwaukee would be the way to go. I'm partial to red though.

I have that Ryobi compressor got it on sale during christmas last year. Haven't air'd any big tires up yet. But no complaints on 31ish tires, and great for my MTB.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yea that little dewalt inflator was cool. The fact you could set the pressure and walk away is IMO the selling point.