bead locks on a all purpose rig??

StrobeNGH

no user title
cruiseroutfit said:
Did I miss something, is the UHP inspection manual now State Law?

Their judgment IS NOT law, never has, and never will be in the democracy of United States.
I don't think that Utah is any different from the rest of the country, but there are 3 kinds of laws:
Legislative
Executive
Judicial

The executive branch of any government, including states, is charged with administration of the law.
The legislature passes a bill, and it is up to the executive branch to enforce that law (the only way in which congress can enforce a law is to cut off funding, hold a hearing, or grill someone during appointment hearings). Different agencies are created by the executive branch to do this (enforce the laws).
Some times, it is necessary for the executive branch to create laws of their own to enforce the legislative law. These branches of the executive government can, by legislative and congressional charger, enact laws which ARE binding on you and me.

If the UHP is a branch of the executive government in the State of Utah (the Governor), and their published manual says that beadlocks are illegal, that IS the law.

I am not saying that it is right, but any department of the executive branch has law making capacity . . . they are known as administrative laws or 'regulations.'

If you don't believe me, then explain to me where tax laws come from.

broncodan

For Your Viewing Pleasure
I am hear to tell you something. If you get pulled over by a UHP that for whatever reason wants to cause you trouble, he can impound your vehicle for having beadlocks. It says in this 'booklet' that they are illegal. You may be able to go to court and get the ticket dropped, but the fact remains you still went through a TON of trouble, had to pay tow and impound fees, not had a car a few days, and missed whatever else was going on to go to court. I do not know if anyone here has ever had there car impounded and left on the side of the road in the middle of the night calling for a ride but it sucks! You find someone, or get a ride from the cop (which all he has to do is get you off the side of the freeway if he wants, he can drop you at the top of the offramp). IMO running beadlocks would not be worth the potential hassles and problems it COULD create. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
StrobeNGH said:
...Some times, it is necessary for the executive branch to create laws of their own to enforce the legislative law. These branches of the executive government can, by legislative and congressional charger, enact laws which ARE binding on you and me...

Yes they create WRITTEN law, not "law" written in a special interest inspection MANUAL. Take note all of the other "interpretations" of law by the UHP have been made into STATE LAW (aka the lift law for example).

The fact that the "beadlocks are illegal" appears in a safety manual that is not even widely published or advertized, makes it completely null IMHO.

Status quo... 4 years and running...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
broncodan said:
...You may be able to go to court and get the ticket dropped, but the fact remains you still went through a TON of trouble, had to pay tow and impound fees, not had a car a few days, and missed whatever else was going on to go to court... IMO running beadlocks would not be worth the potential hassles and problems it COULD create. :D

It has created NONE to date... I am yet to hear of a single person in Utah receiving a ticket...

And IMHO, it is alot more WORK to swap out tires every time I want to go wheeling... ;)

broncodan

For Your Viewing Pleasure
I am not saying that if anything happened for having beadlocks that it would stick. I am certain you could probably get the ticket dropped. What I AM saying is that the potential for a real pain in the a*@ is there, and if you want to take that risk it is up to you. By the way, how was Brewvies last night? Ha ha ha.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
broncodan said:
What I AM saying is that the potential for a real pain in the a*@ is there, and if you want to take that risk it is up to you.

Agreed :-\ Hopefully I never have to confront the issue, but in the end it may be a good thing to get resolved.

broncodan said:
By the way, how was Brewvies last night? Ha ha ha.

Awesome, how did you know?

harkinoff

something to do...
I think I'm going on 4 years now with beadlocks driven on the street as well, NO hassels ;) 38's mounted on them also :D