Ben and Kami’s TJ Overhaul

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
The culprit was a bad master cylinder, jevyguy and I Lean are my heroes :bow:

just an fyi when i charged my last coilovers they rose the jeep like and inch and a half or 2 inches so if you want it to settle 2 from where it is now it might be tricky not sure if all them do that though.

Interesting... didn't change anything on ours :)

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
To get it on the trail, I still need to wire the radiator fans and figure out an overflow bottle, charge the shocks and bumps, tie the B pillar together, install seatbelts, install hoodpins, have an exhaust built, and brakes...

Done and done :D

We're all loaded up for a shakedown run. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20101123_152101.jpg
    IMG_20101123_152101.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 82

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Thanks all, we'll be sure to get some good action pics with all the good and bad from this weekend.

WOOT, congrats Ben. Always a great feeling to get it out the first time. Where are you heading? Enjoy.

Farmington, NM. Kinda far for a test run, but we're stoked

I also like to run a 2# check valve in the rear.
Love the trailer

:confused: check valve for the fuel?

The enclosed was a last minute decision after seeing the weather forecast. We had to do quite a bit of work to get it ready, but it was worth it. She pulls like a dream.

Hot damn that's a sexy rig!! You did an amazing job Ben-Jammin'! Now let's go see what she can do! :greg:

So excited!

neagtea

Supporting Member
I have had good luck running a 2# check valve on " rear disk setups"
It seems to shorten the pedal travel by holding a couple pounds on the rear system.

Just because I'm incredibly impatient and know that Ben is unpacking right now instead of down loading their pictures, here's a teaser picture:

Attachments

• Thanksgiving 2010 041.jpg
    Thanksgiving 2010 041.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 154