BHR custom FJ40 w/ Hi-9's build-up...

wizziecutter

More pics

Here are a few more recent photos.

The scout is ok, but this is gonna be pretty cool.....

Attachments

• IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6030.jpg
    IMG_6030.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6011.jpg
    IMG_6011.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6035.jpg
    IMG_6035.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 112

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I dropped by again today to pick up some parts. The tear down has started, and with it up on the rack I got some better photos and saw details I missed before.

There has to be many hours of work into making these axles so beefy. They look much better in person than in photos

FJAxle01.jpg

FJAxle02.jpg

FJAxle03.jpg

Better shot of the battery boxes. When I move to dual batteries I want to use this for ideas.
FJBatteryBoxs.jpg

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Just walked around and tried to take photos to show some of the work and details

This is under the passengers feet area. Everything is new, and every weld has a very finished apperance.
FJFrameTube01.jpg

Passenger side under the wheel well
FJFrameTube02.jpg

Engine, radiator, tube work, etc
FJFrameTube03.jpg

FJFrameTube04.jpg

Cool work to hold the bump stops in place
FJFrameTube05.jpg

Just a sample of one of the other brackets
FJFrameTube06.jpg

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
That is where there rear bumper attaches and the rear cage ties in. L

FJFrameTube07.jpg

FJFrameTube08.jpg

With more suspension movement one of the tub supports was notched and reinforced to allow the driveline to pass. Very clean and well finished work.
FJFrameTube09.jpg

FJFrameTube10.jpg

Photo makes me dizzy looking at it. But this was a cut out on the tailgate. I assume for a fuel filler. It was finished off really well. Just a sample of the details, and the hours that have gone into this.
FJFrameTube11.jpg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Well, the FJ40 is in lots of different pieces right now, as the tear down is in full-swing. Cage is out, body is off, and the frame/chassis has been pulled out from under the hoist.

I'll post pics of the teardown ASAP!

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Well

I own it and I am very excited to see that it is on its way to getting done. They do really great work. I am very happy with all the fab work. It is top notch....

:D

That is what Von told me when I was there today. So what is the story behind this one? Have you owned it for years, and just wanted to own the ultimate trail rig? You are from Wyoming? Will this be street legal up there? What are the plans for it?

I am very jealous, I can't wait to see it come back from paint and be assembled again.

CJ Matt

I always like to walk around the shop and look at the different builds. I hope this one is still around when I bring my CJ back down for a little work.

wizziecutter

Street Legal?

:D

That is what Von told me when I was there today. So what is the story behind this one? Have you owned it for years, and just wanted to own the ultimate trail rig? You are from Wyoming? Will this be street legal up there? What are the plans for it?

I don't really worry about scratching it. Thats what it is for. I bought it about 10 months prior to sending down to BHR. At first it was just going to be axles and suspension and sort of tumbled into a total rebuild. I am glad that we went all out. Wyoming doesn't have any emission laws and the only thing that could possibly get me are the bead locks, but I have seen other rigs with them around and they drive them on the street. With both Detroits, I don't think it will be a lot of fun to just drive around town. There are much better venues to take it out to. I just plan to have fun with it.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
OK, here are the latest tear-down and misc. fab/prep pics.

We dropped the tub off this morning to have the interior, firewall, and underside lined. :greg:

Attachments

• FJ40 149r.jpg
    FJ40 149r.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 59
  • FJ40 150r.jpg
    FJ40 150r.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 60
  • FJ40 151r.jpg
    FJ40 151r.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 304