Black and white Utah plate.

DAA

A friend I roll around with a lot has everything plated in Montana. If I was ever going to buy anything again, which I probably won't, I'd strongly consider going that route.

And a plus I just learned about. My oldest, bestest buddy moved to Montana recently. His wife's '06 Tacoma will never need to renew registration again and his '14 Tacoma is I think two years out from that. If I understood him correctly, after 11 years, it's a one and done.

- DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
If I understood him correctly, after 11 years, it's a one and done.

- DAA

My truck just expired. Come Jan it would qualify. I'm trying to decide what I want to do. For us out-of staters there is a cost of about $800 to get the plate, and a $70 annual fee to have the in-state agent. My current cost is about $170 with reg and emissions... So I'm about 8 years to break even.. and I don't know if I will have that truck that long.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
A friend I roll around with a lot has everything plated in Montana. If I was ever going to buy anything again, which I probably won't, I'd strongly consider going that route.

And a plus I just learned about. My oldest, bestest buddy moved to Montana recently. His wife's '06 Tacoma will never need to renew registration again and his '14 Tacoma is I think two years out from that. If I understood him correctly, after 11 years, it's a one and done.

- DAA
Yes 11 yeaars. My motorhome has a permanent registration since it is an 05. I registered my enclosed in Montana also so that I was not towing a Utah plated trailer. It is also a permanent registration.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I think the biggest benefit is the lack of sales tax.. so it easily makes sense when buying something. Makes less sense for something already owned.

McFate

I thought they looked cool at first, but now that all the mini vans and hoopdies have black Utah plates, I couldn't care less.
Still look kinda cool, but now it's starting to feel like I'll be more unique just keeping my basic arches plate. I'd be curious how much extra revenue these plates bring in, and if it's enough that the state is regretting not actually getting them out earlier.