Body Damage or No Body Damage??

• Hell yes!

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Ummm no

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Depends on car payment, ownership. Or if its a DD.

Mine I dont mind minor damage. When its not longer a DD I dont really care at all as long as it all works lol

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
So far, here's the closest I've come to body damage (a few small scratches on the D side front flare). I guess I'm not a real wheeler!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• blacksheep big lean 4 smaller.jpg
    blacksheep big lean 4 smaller.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 202

shlingdawg

Moose
joshstandhells.jpg

joshsidehells.jpg

and this one received the most body damage of all:

tracyjeephells.jpg

TNT

I'd have to say no, but if I get some I'm not going to cry about it. Guess I'm not a real wheeler? I think body damage is cool, but in a way it's earned. Anyone can aim for a rock to get a dent in their body. I just haven't earned any yet to be proud of. :(
Todd

shlingdawg

Moose
I guess I should expound a bit.

I don't TRY to get body damage, but if it happens, it happens. There are some basic inherent risks to off roading, those include body damage, mechanical failure/damage, risk of rollovers which may kill you (Ok, not so common, but it has happened.) and other things.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm all about a little body damage if it happens on its own and there is now way around it... I built body protection with this in mind, I spent alot of time making my truck look clean and I don't want to go side-swiping rocks anytime soon...if it happens, it happens but until the I will continue to drive carefully... (AND NOT FOLLOW SHAWN:D )

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by Mepco 4x4
If you are a true wheeler, don't you know how to avoid body damage and provide protection to vulnerable area's of your rig?

You mean like stay off the hard trails and add extra weight to your rig?

If you were a "True Wheeler" you would not have posted that statement.

P

pokeyYJ

I had to say no, I like my Jeep prutty:D At least until I pay it off that is;)

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
You know carrying a mepco name and using the attitude youve shown makes me not want to go there and or purchase from there.

Not to be a di&k, just letting you know.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

2nd
standard.jpg

not much body left to damage

standard.jpg

Someone who works at mepco is saying that body damage is preventable? Isn't Curtis associated with Tera/mepco? Wonder what his thoughts on the issue are. :D

Cody

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
man,
it sounds like everyone has their defination of 'true wheeler'.....

get off it

this is almost as bad as the "my jeep is better than your jeep cause it has XXXXX (insert your headlight shape here) headlights" argument.

I'm waiting to hear from some of the other guys who compete......Suka doesn't have any body damage on his ride.....is he not a "True Wheeler"....what about Vonski....His truck is very clean....is he not a "True Wheeler"

I take my rig out and do as much as I can with it. If I can keep it looking reasonable, and avoid body damage (when possible), I'm happy.

I like cruiseroutfits statement:
originally posted by cruiseroutfit
I'm all about a little body damage if it happens on its own and there is now way around it... I built body protection with this in mind, I spent alot of time making my truck look clean and I don't want to go side-swiping rocks anytime soon...if it happens, it happens but until the I will continue to drive carefully...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by BlackSheep
man,
it sounds like everyone has their defination of 'true wheeler'.....

get off it

Did you really think that this thread would remain civil?

Everyone has their own opinion on what a "True Wheeler" is. I just like the fact that the Mepco dude did a shameless plug for Mepco.
He might as well have posted "Come in and Buy your Rock protectors from us so you too can be a True Wheeler".

Maybe Mepco can sponcer a monthly give away for some rock protectors.

That's the problem with having you Sig as a place where you work.

Free advertisement, but you better watch what you say.

PS. I won't "get off it".

Last edited:

Andy

aka. Hollywood
First off you can't define a true wheeler by body damage, any jackass can go beat the hell out of a viehicle and not care. I think a good example of a great driver is Kevin Hawkins, sure he gets some dents and scrapes, but when you do the trails he does it's bound to happen. There are alot of good wheelers on this board, some come out unscathed, and others pay the price. I personaly have experienced massive body damage, St George last year I started the first day with a very straight Bronco, and ended the day with a mashed/crumpled Bronco, did that make me any better? I don't think so. I know B's first YJ was looking pretty hammered before it's reincarnation, but he also won UROC that first year with it. Body damage is what happens some times when your trying to become better, know your limits.... or pay.:D As for competition, you better expect body damage.;)

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Oops almost forgot. I don't think Mike was trying to sell any thing with his post, it's his opinion. But for future ref. that's why I don't represent my employer on the board, Have a nice day. You can take off the fire proof suit now Mike. :D Love ya Shawn:D ;)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Shawn Did you really think that this thread would remain civil?

Everyone has their own opinion on what a "True Wheeler" is.

PS. I won't "get off it".

I suppose I should have known this thread would go into the nether places....

I guess I'll just have to be happy with the fact that our definations are different.

Ok, You don't have to 'get off it' then. I've renewed my interest in watching the flame wars on this one.

Being a "True Wheeler" does NOT require body Damage..... It should be accepted when it happens, but should be avoided when possible

Seems to me if you take two guys with equal experience and time driving, if each has been driving the same rig throughout their experience, I'd think the guy with the least body damage could be considered the better driver??? NO?

Does that mean that he is not a "True Wheeler" :D