Box Rocket '03 DC Tacoma Build

Most of this info is on some other boards, but I'm starting to get to know more of you local guys that on here on RME so I figured I'd share some build info.

Current state of my truck.

2003 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab TRD
3.4L 5VZE V6
Stock Auto Trans
Stock t-case
Open front diff
Rear TRD e-locker

ARMOR:
Trail-Gear Low Profile front bumper (with custom light mounts)
Trail-Gear Rock sliders
Custom home-built Rear bumper with dual swingouts
Custom home-built IFS Skidplate
Custom home-built trans skidplate
Custom home-built belly Skidplate
Custom home-built rear frame reinforcement plates

SUSPENSION:
OME 882 front coils
OME Nitrocharger Sport front shocks
JK 10mm Trim Packer
Cornfed front diff drop
OME Dakar rear leaf springs
OME D6XL extra leaf
OME Nitrocharger Sport rear shocks (relocated)
All-Pro 1.5" extended rear shackles
Trail-Gear U-bolt flip
EVCO custom extended rear SS brakeline

WHEELS/TIRES:
15x8" Ultra Motorsport En4Cer Type 181 wheels (rattle canned black)
33x12.50 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
33x10.50 BFG KM2 spare on factory 7" steel wheel

MISC MODS:
ARB Safari Snorkel
Optima Red Top Battery
Front Seat swap from Suzuki Reno
HELLA Optilux 7" HIDs (x3) on front bumper
Custom home-built bed rack
Tepui Autana RTT with Annex
Portable CO2 tank
Bed-mounted custom Fridge Slide
ARB Fridge
Custom bed-mounted bucket seats (seating for 7)
Snugtop XTR fiberglass topper
Uniden Pro 520xl CB radio
Alpine Deck
LED rock lights
Hella Matador rear utility light
Custom rear seat area deck for fridge etc.

I found this truck on KSL a few years ago for a great deal. It was clean and well maintained with pretty low miles (85K). Had a small leveling kit when I got it.

First order of business was suspension and sliders. Got all the suspension goodies from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and went to town.
Out with the old

In with the new

Old

New

I started out with OME shackles and found that I needed a little extra height and better load capacity so I added the extra leaf and longer shackles.

Box Rocket

bored
Excited for pics. How much dinero did the fenders run ya?

Low Range had them at a sale price. Someone ordered them a while ago and never got them so they were just trying to clear them out. Cost me $315. That was a sweet deal on its own but to save shipping was extra good too. Not to mention the horror stories I've heard about shipping delays from Glassworks. Worked out great.

Box Rocket

bored
Here's some pics of the fenders. Made a first pass on fitment. They fit pretty well all around except for the corner lights. I need to still do a little work on them to get those to fit better. I picked up paint for them today so I should have them color matched soon. As it stands, I think I'm going to just reroute my air intake and not worry about trying to make the snorkel work.

Box Rocket

bored
I'm pretty sure I can get the corner lights taken care of. They probably won't be perfect but acceptable. As for the rear, no plans to change anything for now. There are some glass bedsides that I've thought of doing but like these front fenders I'll have to find some on a killer deal before I feel motivated to do it.

ZPower

Awesome truck! I'm very impressed that those front fenders turned out as well as they did with a rattle can. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of clear are you using?

Box Rocket

bored
Awesome truck! I'm very impressed that those front fenders turned out as well as they did with a rattle can. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of clear are you using?

Thanks. I had the color mixed by Superior Auto Body, and I used *cough* *cough* Rustoleum Clear Coat. I gotta be honest the quality of the clear coat is fine, but the nozzle on the cans is crap and makes it difficult to put down a nice even coat. I had to really be careful and take my time to get it right. I should have just swapped out nozzles for something better.

Box Rocket

bored
Haha. I doubt it, but thanks. Maybe if it wasn't an old man color it would get drooled over. :) I gotta say that the old-man-gold does not attract as much attention from the po-po. I guess they figure that it must be some cranky retired dude driving it that can't read the speedo and not some young punk just trying to drive fast, so they usually leave me alone. ;)