Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-87 suzuki samurai

Engine-1.3 L Stock

Transmission-stock 5 spd

T-Case-stock

Axles-stock

Suspension-stock

Wheels and Tires-15x8, 5on5.5 with goodyear wrangler P235/75R15

Winch-in the future

Favorite Trails-have not gone out yet, once my sami is licensed and everything and once I can convince someone to teach me how to use the 4wheel drive.

Other-I traded a really nice 1970 Yamaha AT1B 125CC that I restored and a laptop for this.
I havent done much due to funds since im going to school but I have doen the following:
*taken the rocker panel moldings off to do some patch work
*ripped out all the carpet and cleaned up the rust
*put bedliner on the inside and outside
*painted the fender flares, grill, mirrors, and roll bar.
*wife reupholstered the rear seat and is working on the front two
*fuel filter, spark plugs&wires, cap&rotor,air filter, all new vacuum lines, heater core hoses, belt, and more tiny things.

Future items:
*2" lift shackles
*2" body lift
*3" lift springs
*2" wheel spacers
*underdrive pulley
*rock sliders
*offroad front and rear bumpers

Attachments

• DSCF2355.jpg
    DSCF2355.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Samuri seat 2.jpg
    Samuri seat 2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF2348.jpg
    DSCF2348.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Mope

Cool looking zuk! Your wife did a nice job on the upholstery. With the lift your adding, I was curious what size tire you plan on running? If you go bigger you ought to consider some gears as well. I like the colors you chose to.

airmanwilliams

Thanks mope. Not sure on the tire size yet, I have 235/75R15 right now and really dont want to go too big since I dont plan to do anything extreme for some time until I get done with college and can afford the gas and price of bigger tires. At this time it will just be a daily driver and be used hunting.

ricsrx

be careful when you go out wheeling with us , you will get bit by the bug and will be dying to upgrade every thing as soon as possible or even sooner, i wish i new more about sami's, but there are many here that will fill that void!!

Coco

I like it! Very nice! I had a white one at one time that has a mild lift, sitting on 33s, (for a Sami, 33s are the perfect size IMO) it has 5:14s in the t case, and 5:12s in the axles w/ Detroit lockers. It went everywhere!! And looked good

airmanwilliams

lol the bug has already started ricsrx but since there is a big lack of funds while im going to school and having a family I cant do much. Yup hard to miss this thing driving around chevy crew as well as your tiny little truck lol. hopefully soon if I can find some cheap gears I can regear this so I can go over 50 on the highway and if I cant sell my new aero turbine muffler I accidentally bought I may slap that on and go 2" with all the exhaust.

airmanwilliams

heres pics of the green lights I stated to install. Just have one on now since my otherside broke but tonight I am putting on the front and rear and ordering a new one for the passenger side.

Attachments

• DSCF2695.jpg
    DSCF2695.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF2697.jpg
    DSCF2697.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 13

airmanwilliams

lol it will be awhile before I think about that now that I have to save up to replace my rear main seal and my clutch. Im hoping I can hold off until after the holidays and Im hoping I can get some cheap quotes for it or trade some of my stuff for the labor to put it in, since its my daily driver and I dont know much about it so I would spend a bunch of time on it I need to find someone that can do it cheap and fairly quick since I rely on it for work and school.

airmanwilliams

nope have no idea on how to adjust the clutch. but when it gets time that I can afford to do it I will be doing the clutch the same time i do the rear main seal due to the oil thats probably on the clutch and since that area will be open I might as well do the clutch too.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
lol it will be awhile before I think about that now that I have to save up to replace my rear main seal and my clutch. Im hoping I can hold off until after the holidays and Im hoping I can get some cheap quotes for it or trade some of my stuff for the labor to put it in, since its my daily driver and I dont know much about it so I would spend a bunch of time on it I need to find someone that can do it cheap and fairly quick since I rely on it for work and school.

You can replace a clutch in a few hours or less. Very simple. And if you are talking about the rear seal on the transmission, once you have the transmission out for the clutch, its a quick fix too. If you do the seal with the transmission still in the vehicle it is slightly more difficult just because it's somewhat hard to get to.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
nope have no idea on how to adjust the clutch. but when it gets time that I can afford to do it I will be doing the clutch the same time i do the rear main seal due to the oil thats probably on the clutch and since that area will be open I might as well do the clutch too.

Ok, its the crankcase. Not too hard either. When you have the transmission down you can just pull the flywheel and pop the seal out. It can be a pain, but with patience it comes out fairly easily. Putting a new one in is as simple as putting some grease on it, lining it up and giving it a solid whack with a large socket.

Do you have a factory service manual or Haynes manual? If not, stop everything and make that your next purchase. Either will save you hours of head scratching and suffering. You can pick up an FSM from Hawk or PetroWorks and I still see the Haynes one at places like PepBoys and Checker.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

yup being a newbie and all though I think I am going to have to either bribe someone to help me or to do it for me so it goes quicker because I dont have much time while im going to school and it would have to be done in increments if it was just me doing it. I have the haynes and the fsm I got on ebay a couple months ago.

Yota

Clutch isn't bad to replace, but a 2nd pair of hands (experienced or not) is good to have with wiggling it out.