Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-87 suzuki samurai

Engine-1.3 L Stock

Transmission-stock 5 spd

T-Case-stock

Axles-stock

Suspension-stock

Wheels and Tires-15x8, 5on5.5 with goodyear wrangler P235/75R15

Winch-in the future

Favorite Trails-have not gone out yet, once my sami is licensed and everything and once I can convince someone to teach me how to use the 4wheel drive.

Other-I traded a really nice 1970 Yamaha AT1B 125CC that I restored and a laptop for this.
I havent done much due to funds since im going to school but I have doen the following:
*taken the rocker panel moldings off to do some patch work
*ripped out all the carpet and cleaned up the rust
*put bedliner on the inside and outside
*painted the fender flares, grill, mirrors, and roll bar.
*wife reupholstered the rear seat and is working on the front two
*fuel filter, spark plugs&wires, cap&rotor,air filter, all new vacuum lines, heater core hoses, belt, and more tiny things.

Future items:
*2" lift shackles
*2" body lift
*3" lift springs
*2" wheel spacers
*underdrive pulley
*rock sliders
*offroad front and rear bumpers

Attachments

• DSCF2355.jpg
    DSCF2355.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Samuri seat 2.jpg
    Samuri seat 2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF2348.jpg
    DSCF2348.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

airmanwilliams

got it towed to a friends place in west bountiful so I can start working on it as time permits, between classes and work im pretty busy. In the last couple days ive picked up a new early samurai sj410 grill, 4-tj rear fender flares, new radiator, body plugs, an extra brake line for the spoa lift, polyurethane body mounts since my rubber ones are bout gone, and have been slowly working on my new front bumper. Just need the time to put this all together, dang school takes all my time.

0711111958.jpg

0711111956.jpg

0719111921.jpg

0720111227.jpg

airmanwilliams

just bought a sidekick lastnight so I can pull the 16V motor from it to swap into my samurai. Kinda hate to pull the motor from a straight body vehicle but I want it so bad.

Can anyone help me tow it from lehi to bountiful on a flatbed if my friend cant help me?

Attachments

• IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 4

airmanwilliams

ive thought about that but the wife wont let me get rid of the samurai. the sidekick has 185k miles on it and has a bad igniter so it will need a rebuild pretty soon I would guess. I would love to build this up instead of the samurai just for the fact that I would use it for a good family car. SO I will be pulling the motor, computer, wire harness, and instrument cluster for a swap into the samurai and then parting out the rest of it to pay for student loans.

sixstringsteve

I dunno, there are a lot of variables involved in a trade like that. If I wanted that, I'd just try to sell the samurai and buy what I needed for the sidekick. Money is the ultimate trading tool.

sixstringsteve

I will say that out of all the rigs I've owned, one of my favorites was a 96 4 door tracker with a calmini 3 inch lift with 31s. I enjoyed it more than any sami ive owned, even though it wasn't nearly as capable as most of my past rigs.. Not saying it'll be your favorite rig, but I 4 door kicks can be a blast off road, with very lite lift.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

just got a new catalytic converter on the sami today and it passes emissions at idle but not on the high test so now I have to go get 2 lower jets to try on the harley cv to try and get it to pass. Cross my fingers.

airmanwilliams

sure wish I had a po box in a different county to get this done but really its super close but davis is SUPER UPTIGHT and so hopefully either with the 190 or the 180 jet will work. right now with not passing it has a 45 and a 195 jet.