Jeep Build- Jeep YJ Unlimited / family wheeler

Coco

You got this! The build can be the funnest, but also sometimes the worst parts about this hobby, but it is definitely worth it! When I was building mine, there was several times where I just didnt want to do anything on it. Luckily, I had a good bunch of friends that kept pushing me in the building direction. Really glad they did, because the end result has been nothing short of a blast! I cant wait to get mine in the garage and get going on the rebuild when my pops finishes his buggy. I have been missing the fabrication side of things. Though, I know I will likely run into problems and hiccups, but that is all part of the game.

I love the way this is headed, just need to keep at it!

idahoyj

I spent a few hours in the garage this weekend. I built and installed the plates for mounting the CJ tailgate to the rear body crossmember.
Then I started cutting and playing with the rear floor pan. This is al just set in place to start figuring out how it's all going to come together.
The floor pan slides back about 3" from these pictures, so the top of the pan is just above the arch in the frame rail.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    686 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    656.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    649.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

idahoyj

Time since this Jeep moved under it's own power....
3 years, 3 months, and 19 days

1207 days!
172 weeks!
39 months!
28968 hours!

I HATE that this has turned into another never-ending project!

idahoyj

I've worked on it a couple times in the last year, but no significant progress. I got really bogged down on building the floor structure and floor pan. Hopefully I can get that wrapped up soon, so I can move on to something that will show faster progress!

comingdown

I came on this thread late, but was loving it. I was hanging on the edge of my seat to see it finished. It will definetly be an awesome build once finished. Dig deep, pick up the ball and run with it. It's never too late to start on it again. You'll be glad you did. And I'll be glad you did too.

idahoyj

I came on this thread late, but was loving it. I was hanging on the edge of my seat to see it finished. It will definetly be an awesome build once finished. Dig deep, pick up the ball and run with it. It's never too late to start on it again. You'll be glad you did. And I'll be glad you did too. 

I had a few friends from our local offroad club come over and help me get fired up on it last weekend. I'll work on it most of the day today too and see if I can keep the momentum going.
I have the majority of the rear floor structure tack welded in place and I started on the rear inner fenders. My phone camera quit focusing, but I will try to get a couple current pictures posted if I get any noticeable progress today.

Natedogg33

I had a few friends from our local offroad club come over and help me get fired up on it last weekend. I'll work on it most of the day today too and see if I can keep the momentum going.
I have the majority of the rear floor structure tack welded in place and I started on the rear inner fenders. My phone camera quit focusing, but I will try to get a couple current pictures posted if I get any noticeable progress today.

Natedogg33

This hff as been an interesting thread to read. Not to be negative but I got a feeling you'll want to lift it back up a couple of inches after the stretch lol

idahoyj

@Natedogg33 I was pretty happy with the lower rig on big tires concept, before the stretch. Not sure how the longer wheelbase would be though. But, with a flat belly vs the old dropped skid plate, it should still be good.

On another note, unfortunately this will be for sale as-is. My family has had a bit of an intervention with me and convinced me to buy a JKU..
There will be a FOR SALE post soon.
As-Is, I'm looking to get $6000 with everything YJ/LJ related included. I'd be open to negotiating and possibly leaving out some parts etc.
NOT PARTING OUT AT THIS TIME.

ID Bronco

@Natedogg33 I was pretty happy with the lower rig on big tires concept, before the stretch. Not sure how the longer wheelbase would be though. But, with a flat belly vs the old dropped skid plate, it should still be good.

On another note, unfortunately this will be for sale as-is. My family has had a bit of an intervention with me and convinced me to buy a JKU..
There will be a FOR SALE post soon.
As-Is, I'm looking to get $6000 with everything YJ/LJ related included. I'd be open to negotiating and possibly leaving out some parts etc.
NOT PARTING OUT AT THIS TIME.

I'm glad to see you are alive and well!