Ford Build Thread: FrED the Ford. '98 E350 7.3 4x4 The More We Explore's Adventure Van

rholbrook

Steve, I want to tell you a story about a float trip from the Dam at Flaming Gorge. Myself and two buddies decided to go fishing so we headed up to the Green for a couple of days. We got all launched and were rigging up our fly lines when a couple pulled up, dropped their drift boat off and the husband started floating while his wife left. We were thinking that that wife was really cool. She would meet her husband at Little Hole and he could have a nice day fishing. We kept passing each other on the way down and would on occasion make small talk. About 90 minutes later we see someone running up the trail that goes along the river and to our surprise. It was this man's wife.

This was really cool. This guy saved on a shuttle fee by having his wife, who was very easy on the eyes, drive to Little Hole and then run up to get in the boat. Next thing we see is this wife then proceeds to replace her husband on the oars. After the three of us were able to gather ourselves, drifted close enough to tell this guy that we were going to take his wife off of his hands and that we could even pay him.

I guess the reason why I am telling you this story is because behind most every good rig is usually a good woman. Tell her you love her and know that if anything happens to you, she will probably not have to go any further than to wait for an RME'er to come courting. She likes to hike, camp, easy on the eyes and lets you have a sweet rig, etc, etc. Don't let her go.

I love the van, it makes me want one really really bad.

sixstringsteve

Wait... are we talking about the van, or my wife? She is definitely a keeper. I lucked out big time with her. It took a lot of searching and dating, but it was well worth it to find her. I don't know if I've had more people tell me they want Fender if I don't want him, or my wife if I don't want her. I like 'em both quite a bit.

ID Bronco

Steve, I want to tell you a story about a float trip from the Dam at Flaming Gorge. Myself and two buddies decided to go fishing so we headed up to the Green for a couple of days. We got all launched and were rigging up our fly lines when a couple pulled up, dropped their drift boat off and the husband started floating while his wife left. We were thinking that that wife was really cool. She would meet her husband at Little Hole and he could have a nice day fishing. We kept passing each other on the way down and would on occasion make small talk. About 90 minutes later we see someone running up the trail that goes along the river and to our surprise. It was this man's wife.

This was really cool. This guy saved on a shuttle fee by having his wife, who was very easy on the eyes, drive to Little Hole and then run up to get in the boat. Next thing we see is this wife then proceeds to replace her husband on the oars. After the three of us were able to gather ourselves, drifted close enough to tell this guy that we were going to take his wife off of his hands and that we could even pay him.

I guess the reason why I am telling you this story is because behind most every good rig is usually a good woman. Tell her you love her and know that if anything happens to you, she will probably not have to go any further than to wait for an RME'er to come courting. She likes to hike, camp, easy on the eyes and lets you have a sweet rig, etc, etc. Don't let her go.

I cannot imagine such a story in real life. She rowed too? Lucky guy for sure.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Wait... are we talking about the van, or my wife? She is definitely a keeper. I lucked out big time with her. It took a lot of searching and dating, but it was well worth it to find her. I don't know if I've had more people tell me they want Fender if I don't want him, or my wife if I don't want her. I like 'em both quite a bit.
You two are definitely made for each other. Not every guy likes to setup camp in the dark let alone many women [emoji6]
Being able to talk to each other and compromise makes every relationship work better and from the sounds of it, she initiated the minimalist thing and you went along at first.

By the way, the van looks really good. It just needs some motorcycles in the back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Coco

Haha, I saw this big green Ford van coming at me today in AF, thought that was you. I was in the black dodge, waved at you. Van is looking good Steve!

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Spotted Fred at the gas station in Price last Friday night! I remembered seeing your phrase "the more we explore", but couldn't remember where until tonight. Cruising some posts and made the connection, super cool! I will say hi next time. I was admiring the 4x4 conversion as I filled up a cup of joe :)