Building a 2 Door Jeep JK to race in the stock class of King of the Hammers

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A big congrats to John and Nate Williams for their hard earned finish. Despite what some would have considered game enders they kept their chins up and battled towards the finish line. What a great race :cool:

Great race and great fun! Congrats to the guys for finishing such a tough race. An awesome adventure, glad we could be part of the fun.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So I have been following this thread and wishing I had some money burning a hole in my pocket like everyone else :D. I do have a question. Now that the race is said and done and you know what worked and what didn't, what changes would you have made during the build to make it a better rig for the race? Does that make sense?

I imagine I'm not the only one with a list of things I would do if I won the lottery :rofl:

Thanks Medsker

EB101

I wish we could have been there in time to see that race! Congratulations on finishing. It's amazing what a car and crew have to go through. Congrats again!

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
It's so cool to be on the same forum boards as the guys that really do this kind of building & competition!!:bow:

I appreciate you guys posting these builds & uploading the race footage!! It's awesome & very informative to those of us who want to build to a lesser level, but still very capable rigs!:D

Those of us who aspire to wheeling on that level, but never will, salute you who do! :tara: Keep going! We all love & need the encouragement:D!

Here are a few pics from the race that I never got around to posting.

John's buggy as it looked when it arrived at Hammer Town:
01.jpg

John's bitchin' tow rig and chase truck "Raptor 1":
02.jpg

Crew chief Kurt Williams testing the comms system:
03.jpg

Adjusting a couple things after tech inspection:
04.jpg

All the drivers signed one of the 2012 KOH posters:
05.jpg

4623 ready to race:
06.jpg

Setting up the Lowrance GPS system:
07.jpg

Eric and I at Pit 1 ready for action:
08.jpg

The guys from Ruff Stuff doing some welding repairs:
09.jpg

I should have taken more pictures as these only cover half of race day.

Last edited: