Car show& demonstration?!?!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I ran the idea past some more people at East today. It's in the motion of happening. How do I get a 4x4 club to be there? And who has full blown buggies that could make it? Date is looking like later May or into April. What's some good fundraiser ideas?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by SAMI
I'm the Pres. of East High Off Road and wort is VP. I was thinking of an idea that has got afew people excited. What if there was a car show at East and I invited some 4x4 clubs and anyone who wants to join us, can come out and show off their rigs and hopefully educate kids on what goes into this sport. I thought it would be real cool if we could find some guys with full out buggies and ramp them or something. Getting some clubs would be really nice. What do I have to do to get this going? What are your thoughts on this?
Sounds like you ripping off Eagle Performances's ideas boy! They've been doing that for years.
But yeah, I'd show up. And Jason, if you need any help organizing it, I've got three years worth of experience.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by SAMI
I ran the idea past some more people at East today. It's in the motion of happening. How do I get a 4x4 club to be there? And who has full blown buggies that could make it? Date is looking like later May or into April. What's some good fundraiser ideas?
Your best bet is contacting the president of the clubs. Then you just tell them your idea, make sure you know what days and time you want it to be. If you want clubs to show up try to have it on a Friday. But just be absolutely positive that you've got the OK from the school administrators that its all good and that you already have the logistics in place before you start talking to people.
Also, when you do talk to people, get all the contact info you can and if they say they can make it, make sure its solid and get the number of people that are comming down for sure. YOu dont want to plan for 5 from one club and suddenly get 12! That can cause all sorts of headaches. You might think about talking to the boys over at Eagle Performance. They might be able to help you out with some contact info.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
How did you guys make money, Josh and Jim said they make dough off this type of thing. Yes, I am borrowing the idea! East is so damn boring bacause all the principals of each different year have very different policies, so everything is out of whack! I think this would be real cool to mix things up a bit around here. There will also be low riders, classic and vintage cars. Plus another kid is trying to line up a "bump off" through Car Concepts where he works. So, lots of ideas and interests are trying to be met here.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
We did a really bad a$$ show my Junior year. It take MONTHS of preperation to pull off a cool one though! Like I said, talk to EP, they might be able to help you out.
For money making, sell something! Refreshments are always good, plus you could charge a nominal fee for people to enter comp's like the sound system one or an RTI one ext ext. Never charge any entry fee though.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hey I'll show up. If you let me take some cheerleaders home I'll roll it for show.

The later the better as my **** won't look like **** for another 6-8 weeks.

How bout the week before or after Safari?

Cody

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I'll record your insurace companies reaction when you tell them that it will be OK for newbies to tip over in your rig cuz they will be belted. THats an insurance nightmare for the first chess geek that bumps his head when you tip. always tip to your side... :D

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
If you need some flyers designed, I do a hell of a job. I made the ones for the Swap meet.

Id love to come hang out, I dunno i fI like the idea of all the low riders and posers tho :p

My Rig has a system and im the master of lifting my rig without spending any dough! Altho im FAR FAR from being anywhere done!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Nope I won because I hosted the show...:D

Plus mine was in the daily driver / trail rig comp your would be in the comp. buggy section...:D

As for Beer, I say show up with it and wait for em' to say no.;)
Actually... I was one of the judges. You hosting the show had nothing to do with it. We judged each rig impartially, in fact, I don't think anyone knew it was your rig. I liked the undercoating...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Bring a car or two that we can crush, and I'll come, as long as it's not a time when I'm outta town, like a UROC weekend. The lowriders and big stereo people coming make me less excited about it.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey

Actually... I was one of the judges. You hosting the show had nothing to do with it. We judged each rig impartially, in fact, I don't think anyone knew it was your rig. I liked the undercoating...

Thanks B... :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey
...The lowriders and big stereo people coming make me less excited about it.

I agree... this will make it less desirable for most.. When we were planning our show, we had a few people interested in making it a combined show, in the end we were all glad we didn't. Made it alot of fun not to have any wiggers around...:D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
So no low-riders and bump off? I think I found a Volvo in the shop we can roll over, and maybe a Colt. I was thinking have kids hit the car(s) with their choice of weapon(s) for a buck a hit. Then when we collect a certian amount of money from that, we let the rigs take over at something like five bucks a run. I know you're happy to pay since it's for a good cause. All the money goes to our Auto Shop. The state is really cutting back on funds, it gets worse each year. I was thinking of have classic, vintage type cars. That would be sweet. To SNR, bands (including mine) play already). Depending on where we can hvae this, the bands might be near it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
So, you're trying to attract people with gnarly rigs to come to your show so you can attract a crowd, and you're gonna charge us five bucks to drive over a car? Sorry dude, I can drive over a helluva lot more fun stuff for free. Seriously, you have to have a reason people would want to bring their rigs to your show, or no one is gonna show up.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
So, you don't wanna pay at all? What about 2 or 3 bucks? Come on, where's your heart? My shop teacher has one leg and a wicked kindey stone, and my grandma just died.