Car show& demonstration?!?!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
neg on the charging thing. how about charging the students 5$ to pick one of us to drive on the car. if you charge people...they wont show up. if it is gonna cost me a fiver to roll my junk off a pinto....I will pass!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by SAMI
So, you don't wanna pay at all? What about 2 or 3 bucks? Come on, where's your heart? My shop teacher has one leg and a wicked kindey stone, and my grandma just died.
That's right. I don't want to pay... Got no heart. I don't need the show, so why would I pay for it? You need people with rigs to show up, or you have no show. You should be paying them, not charging them, they are the show.

Box Rocket

bored
Hopefully this won't come across like I'm being a dick about this whole thing but there are a few more things to think about. The stuff you're talking about is fine and I think it sounds like a lot of fun and I'd show up, but you need to be careful in a few areas.

First off you should probably look into some type of liability insurance or make up some type of waiver that EVERYONE has to sign before getting in. Especially if you are opening this up to the general public. If it was just a bunch of us RME guys I don't think any of us would care if something happened, but when you get a bunch of high school kids showing up in their dad's Exploder and want to ramp the thing and it ends up on its side or they drive over some kids leg, be prepared for the dad to come back sue the organizer or even East High since its on thier property. I know it sounds lame, but it can happen. With something like this its really important to cover your a$$ just so you don't have to deal with idiots coming after you cuz they scratched their paint trying drive a tire up on someone elses truck during a dog pile.

It's well worth the time to prepare a good comprehensive waiver of some sort that clears you as the organizer and East High of any responsibility if any gets hurt or any trucks get damaged.

Just a thought. Still sounds like a good time. :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WasatchCruiser
... being a dick about this ...

Hmmm... hard to decide:D :p

Just kiddin Adam, I agree, I really can't beleive the school would even agree to let you do anyhting but a plain jane car show. Allowing anyone but the participants in the show to ramp out or drive on top of stuff could get the school in trouble... check with them before you get your hopes up...;)

Box Rocket

bored
Kurt, you'll get yours on Saturday. ;)

That's exactly why I bring this up because Wasatch Cruisers looked into something like this just for our own members, not open to the public, and we were going to have in the parking lot at Bountiful High School and their was a ton of resistence and they said he HAD to have insurance etc. We ended up tossing the idea and moved it to a public park.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We just had our 4x4 show in someone elses parking lot. The owner said AOK and we went from there. I'm not sure he knew that we were going to drag an old Cherokee there and park 3-4 Jeeps on top of it...:D I'm not sure we even looked at insurance issues but I know that the U4WDA (which hosted the show) deals with group insurance all the time. Worth looking into..:D

BLH

How soon you planning this, I'm might have a donor well used Xj :) for this. If I get my Butt in gear and find me a TJ.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm looking into the waiver deal already. Kurt, let's get our raffle on. PM me a list of good 4x4 places that would be interested in giving up some stuff. I'm still in the process of clearing this with the school. Hopefully have an update tomorrow.

sukaB

Banned
Anarchy is in if provided area booth and vehicle display....
donated parts easy...
let me know
541-1402

sukaB

Banned
We are a club of boys that like chicks and jeeps and build rigs and travel together and take care of each other build good quality parts cheap for ourselves and friends no one else...
We rule Our own world......