Checker HID lights... how are they holding up?

Paul R

Ahh, for that price I'm gunna need to see them at night before I'd buy a pair.

They are definitely more expensive than a lot of the other halogen or filament lights, but when you compare them to HID they are a steal! I really like that the are very bright but only draw 35 Watts as opposed to 50 - 100 Watt for normal lights.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm planning on taking some pics of the light from my recently added Checker HID's tonight, want pics comparing low, high & HID's?

Greg

Admin
Comparing the lights on the FJ80, low beam, high beam and high beam w/ Checker HID's. My low beams are weak, high beams are good... the light the HID's put out is amazingly bright. Here's some pics of the light they put out.-

Pictures taken in the exact same spot.

Low-
attachment.php

High-
attachment.php

High w/ HID's-
attachment.php

Again, pics taken in same spot-

Low-
attachment.php

High-
attachment.php

High w/ HID's-
attachment.php

Greg

Admin
They're pretty impressive lights, I think they're worth the money. What I really noticed tonight with the HID lights on was the ability to drive safely at higher speeds with great visibility while offroad.

slcpunk74

Original Saboteur
Just to keep everything updated, I did experience a problem with one of these lights. The whole housing was cracking from the base up. I think it could have been from vibrations, but it only happened on one of the lights. It was likely due to poor construction of the molded plastic. I took it to the store only to find out that the lights DO NOT HAVE A WARRANTY. That being said the clerk did exchange it for me but I could see it being difficult to get anything covered in the future. I still love these lights, but I am worried what will happen next. However, as opposed to the rest of the HID light market, it is still likely that I could go through quite a few Checker lights buying one after the other until it would make up for buying anything else. The first one lasted about 6 months before cracking, the other has been going strong for 10 months and is still as bright as ever.

Wow I have gone through whoop sections at 50+ and even jumped my xj a few times and I have not noticed a crack in mine... I guess I better take a good look but I think they have been great so far. I have had them for about a year and my only two complaints are the adjusters are too coarse(not a biggy) and they are so bright I got pulled over for them on a cloudy day(cloudy but not very dark at all).

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
SLCpunk74, you'd notice if yours cracked like Paul R's.. the light would be bouncing a sh!t ton as you drove around.