Clever (or not?) garage organization ideas

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Is that the red one or the black one? I've heard the difference in slide and caster quality is significant.

It is quite different for sure. The red's are way better. I have a red 36" cart I use for my 12v electrical supplies and although it's nowhere near the quality of a "name brand" box, it's decent and it does its job.

McFate

It is quite different for sure. The red's are way better. I have a red 36" cart I use for my 12v electrical supplies and although it's nowhere near the quality of a "name brand" box, it's decent and it does its job.

It's the red one. Like mentioned, its not pro-caliber, but for something that'll stay parked in the corner of the garage and only used once or twice a week, it's pretty good for the price.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I've had my 44" HF box for 5 years or so. I have plenty of room for the most part, but was never able to empty my older cheap Craftsman box.

I do need to reorganize both boxes, as I do have a lower drawer full of project parts. I have considered going back for the top box, but that won't fit under the shelf I built, and I keep considering the 7 drawer side cabinets too. Fully loaded the box moves easily around hen I need it to. And the drawers are solid and open easily. No detents though or latches.

I try to keep my SAE drive sockets on the left, Metric on the right. 1/2" Deep and regular at the back, and impact, 3/8" in front of that, and 1/4" in front. It would be nice if there was a second box length drawer, but the top one is plenty deep for almost any socket you may have.

When I bought this, I came close to getting the 56" box. Personally, I can't afford the Truck Tool brand boxes, I appreciate the extra depth of their boxes. But construction of the Harbor Freight boxes seems similar. Just no options for drawer arrangement like the like the Truck Tool brands. And of course, I bought mine the last year they had wrinkle paint finish. All boxes since then are glossy red...

SWALLDOG

Just put this up the other day. I've been wanting to make something for years and finally got around to it. The flat plate for the back is 3/16" x 4" x 48" and then I used 1/2" round bar and bent a 1" 90 on the end. They are built specific for the space and shovels I have. So I don't know what will happen if I get more or different size stuff. Can't worry about that now. Lol

9ba76f882d9d5077c714da20fdef5739.jpg

Probably at work under a truck