Clever (or not?) garage organization ideas

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

I then taped up the cord. The charger doesn't stay plugged in all the time although it could because the outlet is on a timer. However, my phone is the item most being charged so I will only plug the charger in when I need it.

Here's the link. It's pretty long, though. I could transfer the pages over without the extra commentary and it'd be much more tolerable to read.

Ha! I like that thread!

The timer things on the electrical outlet....spill the beans about that. That could be really handy! There was a thread on PBB at least 10 years ago about a guy's garage burning down due to his charging drill getting hot enough to catch fire. Insurance covered his house but he lost EVERYTHING in the garage that wasn't house related. Had a NICE buggy or built rig that was 100% not covered along with some other stuff.

(http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/501704-what-still-good-fire-damage-2.html and http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/501168-what-happened-keith-s.html )

Don't know the guy at all but that'd really suck and could happen to anyone of us (Seth and Kurt are probably the only ones of us that can really relate to my knowledge?)

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Here are a few of my tricks. All stolen from the Internet.

CD rack for screw drivers.
435dd17502a2e1f73fefa4b11513ae2a.jpg

And for wrenches.

27ae322619b489f06222586098ebdf40.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I only have one M12 tool, a 1/4" hex impact driver, and it was a game changer for me. I love the thing. I have buddies with the Makitas and Dewalts and they like theirs too. I'm not terribly loyal to cordless tools but this Milwaukee really impressed me. It's one of my most used tools.

I've got two M12 drills and a baby sawzall. I freakin love those suckers. I've had the first drill for about 4 years now, and it's probably my most often used tool. I want a M12 jacket, now.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I only have one M12 tool, a 1/4" hex impact driver, and it was a game changer for me. I love the thing. I have buddies with the Makitas and Dewalts and they like theirs too. I'm not terribly loyal to cordless tools but this Milwaukee really impressed me. It's one of my most used tools.

I've got two M12 drills and a baby sawzall. I freakin love those suckers. I've had the first drill for about 4 years now, and it's probably my most often used tool. I want a M12 jacket, now.

One more hijack and then I swear I'm done, would you guys trust the juice in your M12s to power a right angle impact driver, or go for the M18?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
One more hijack and then I swear I'm done, would you guys trust the juice in your M12s to power a right angle impact driver, or go for the M18?

I have the M18 right angle impact and it's awesome. It doesn't have as much torque as an air ratchet, but there are times it is definitely the right tool for the job! If you have M18 tools already, it's a no brainer. I have an M12 driver (non impact) that I've had for 10 or so years. It is my go to driver for small jobs. I also have the M12 oscillating tool. That is a cool little tool! I'm a big fan of Milwaukee tools. They have treated me right the last 10 years.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I thought about doing something with the door opener. Since it is mainly storage I don't think it will be too much of a problem. Time will tell.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I love my Milwaukee impact tools.

I've had the impact ratchet for 7 years. The small impact for 4 years and the 1/2 impact for about a year.

I use them all the time. They save so much time.

142dddd0322b0d21cd6b96392d405538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
After seeing all the unfinished block and unfinished drywall, I'd say the first thing is to paint it all bright white to maximize visibility. It will definitely help make the most of your shop lights.
I have a commercial airless sprayer to help in that department.

I can't say enough good things about LED shop lights, either.
20170210_184045_zpsaeadcehk.jpg

Tonkaman

After seeing all the unfinished block and unfinished drywall, I'd say the first thing is to paint it all bright white to maximize visibility. It will definitely help make the most of your shop lights.
I have a commercial airless sprayer to help in that department.

I can't say enough good things about LED shop lights, either.
20170210_184045_zpsaeadcehk.jpg

It really is amazing how much white help to brighten up a space. It also seems to help give a clean backdrop to eliminate the sense of clutter.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Lets not forget a wired internet connection, cheapo computer, old stereo, and garage sale speakers for streaming audio.