Consent to carry in a friends home. Would you ask?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
If you are so scared of the world that you feel the "need" to carry inside the home of another person, especially a close friend or family member, you likely have your own personal issues to solve first. I grew up with guns and most members of my family hunt and fish as well as carry, but none of us would even consider the act of carrying at a private family gathering.

Caleb

I really hope you are kidding, because this is the most idiotic thing I have read on here in months!

I agree it's dumb, but not as dumb as the following quote:

If you are so scared of the world that you feel the "need" to carry inside the home of another person, especially a close friend or family member, you likely have your own personal issues to solve first. I grew up with guns and most members of my family hunt and fish as well as carry, but none of us would even consider the act of carrying at a private family gathering.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but criminals don't care if it's a family gathering, and they certainly don't schedule around them To think there ever is a time that is not appropriate to carry clearly shows you don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I agree it's dumb, but not as dumb as the following quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but criminals don't care if it's a family gathering, and they certainly don't schedule around them To think there ever is a time that is not appropriate to carry clearly shows you don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

x2

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

Sorry, but myself and my family are far too resourceful to compensate for our fears by carrying a gun around our family at a private event where 2/3 of us have served in the military or law enforcement. But I realize not everyone feels this way.

Off topic, but is that picture on facebook from Castle Valley or somewhere else? Looks like a nice spot to explore.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sorry, but myself and my family are far too resourceful to compensate for our fears by carrying a gun around our family at a private event where 2/3 of us have served in the military or law enforcement. But I realize not everyone feels this way.

Off topic, but is that picture on facebook from Castle Valley or somewhere else? Looks like a nice spot to explore.

"compensate for our fears by carrying a gun around our family at a private event"

LOL. Our bad, we forgot criminals don't prey on families at private events. Good thinking McGuyver. :rolleyes:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The 2nd Amendment (and the rest of the Bill of Rights) constrains the Federal government and outlines our rights granted to us by our creator; it has nothing to do with "fear".

jentzschman

Very good point.

The 2nd Amendment (and the rest of the Bill of Rights) constrains the Federal government and outlines our rights granted to us by our creator; it has nothing to do with "fear".

Agreed.

Great comments guys. I hope we can strive to respect each other's views. I feel very strongly about carrying my weapon. There it's no way to know when the baddies will strike.

Carrying my gun is not about fear. What do I have to fear, I have a gun.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thursty

Sorry, but myself and my family are far too resourceful to compensate for our fears by carrying a gun around our family at a private event where 2/3 of us have served in the military or law enforcement.

This statement is ridiculous. If you've been in the Military or Law Enforcement you know that you meet force with greater force, ie don't bring a knife to a gunfight. What do you mean by being resourceful, are you going to fashion a flame thrower with birthday candles, Jack Daniels and paper towel tubes? I hope you don't mean going hands on with someone who wants to harm you. You stand a much greater chance of death or serious injury and if that happens you're not much good to those you are trying to help.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
This statement is ridiculous. If you've been in the Military or Law Enforcement you know that you meet force with greater force, ie don't bring a knife to a gunfight. What do you mean by being resourceful, are you going to fashion a flame thrower with birthday candles, Jack Daniels and paper towel tubes? I hope you don't mean going hands on with someone who wants to harm you. You stand a much greater chance of death or serious injury and if that happens you're not much good to those you are trying to help.

I think it is inappropriate to ask someone who has handicap hands if they are going to go hand to hand with a attacker.. ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Just to respond as I was unable to earlier, BlackZJ, you are stunningly myopic yet again. Opinions are often predicated on life experience, and your statement
If you are so scared of the world that you feel the "need" to carry inside the home of another person, especially a close friend or family member, you likely have your own personal issues to solve first
shows that you clearly have led a life without reason to consider any alternative to that opinion. However, I grew up where home invasions were pretty common, and horrific-- fathers being tied up and forced to watch while daughters and wives were raped, in several instances, and "for example". Does that make me scared, and full of personal issues? No, it makes me cognizant of some really screwed up possibilities, so I prepare.

Your lack of circumspection is.. interesting, and I have a feeling it's revelatory as well. You just make some unfounded, indefensible statements, to your discredit. You can do better.

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
Just to respond as I was unable to earlier, BlackZJ, you are stunningly myopic yet again. Opinions are often predicated on life experience, and your statement shows that you clearly have led a life without reason to consider any alternative to that opinion. However, I grew up where home invasions were pretty common, and horrific-- fathers being tied up and forced to watch while daughters and wives were raped, in several instances, and "for example". Does that make me scared, and full of personal issues? No, it makes me cognizant of some really screwed up possibilities, so I prepare.

Your lack of circumspection is.. interesting, and I have a feeling it's revelatory as well. You just make some unfounded, indefensible statements, to your discredit. You can do better.
This post has way too many big words. While reading I started skimming over the larger words and found myself wondering how you knew that he was not circumcised. Had to reread it.

Thursty

I think it is inappropriate to ask someone who has handicap hands if they are going to go hand to hand with a attacker.. ;)

It WOULD be inappropriate if I had known that before hand, but as I didn't know that, it's a simple mistake. ;)

My apologies.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
It WOULD be inappropriate if I had known that before hand, but as I didn't know that, it's a simple mistake. ;)

My apologies.

Meh, don't worry.. I was actually making fun of the guy who has on numerous occasions used his inability to use his hands as an excuse, yet is planning on using "hand to hand" combat to save himself :) (yeah I'm a dick )

Thursty

Meh, don't worry.. I was actually making fun of the guy who has on numerous occasions used his inability to use his hands as an excuse, yet is planning on using "hand to hand" combat to save himself :) (yeah I'm a dick )

;) Gotcha. No problem.