Consent to carry in a friends home. Would you ask?

jentzschman

Would you ask your friend if they had any issue with you carrying concealed in their home?

I have a friend who lives with her brother. He has two girls about 5 and 7. He is in the military, so there are weapons in the house. She respect that, but she does not personally want firearms in her home.

If you have a CCP, would you ask him (the home owner) how he felt about you carrying while there?

Chevycrew

I would think it would be a common courtesy, but, I have friends who I know carry and they dont ask about it in my home. And Im fine with that.

richpblaze

The question I have is why??? Does your friend scare you, or do you feel threatened????? I would normally leave mine in my vehicle. Just out of common courtesy. But my HK 9 does not conceal well. So what tacoma said.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
The question I have is why??? Does your friend scare you, or do you feel threatened????? I would normally leave mine in my vehicle. Just out of common courtesy. But my HK 9 does not conceal well. So what tacoma said.

I'd hope you aren't going to a friends house if they scare you enough to feel the need to carry... But that's not the point. I'd carry for the same reasons I carry around my own home or anywhere else... Uninvited guests.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I see my concealed carry the same as my keys. They are both tools I keep in my pocket until I need them. I don't leave either behind.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
No I would not ask. There is no reason to. Unless you want to show off your gun to your friend. I do not have a ccp but, if a friend came to my house carrying. I would not have a problem with it.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
There have been a couple times I have mentioned or asked about my gun, and it always ends up feeling like bragging.
No one cares to know you have it.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
My friends all tease me cause I don't have a weapon... once had a wyoming highway patrol give me a rash of crap for not having any in my car... he told me the average in wyoming is 8!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I think some of it depends on how you carry yourself. Im fully for the 2nd amendment and ccp. I have a close friend who I ride bikes with and most everything else, he has been in my home a hundred times, and only recently did I learn that he had been packing the whole time, which I believe is how it should be. I was a little uncomfortable for about six seconds when I realized that I trusted his ability, and so has officials who granted him a permit, and feel safer around him because he carrys. Now if you have physco buddies who come over to your house drinking, doing drugs, with short tempers and no ccp training i would not let them in my house with or without their guns. I think if your friend was uncomfortable about you with a gun, its just because he hasnt had a minute to think about it.

skeptic

I don't ask my friends if it's ok to carry my knife, lighter, or mini flashlight. I have a friend who carries, and other than when we were talking about guns and he pulled his out to show what he had I never know if he is carrying or not. Mainly because I just don't care and don't try to see if he is printing or not. If you are a friend and want to carry in my house, consider yourself welcome. Since the purpose to concealed carry is to carry without anyone knowing, just don't bring it up unless they are "gun people" and it will never be an issue. If I was going to someone's house who I knew were anti-gun I wouldn't bring one.

note: I don't carry (yet), my CCW should be arriving soon but I doubt I'll be an every day everywhere carry type. Maybe I'll get in the habit and feel weird without it like I do my knife/lighter/mini-flashlight, but right now if I'm headed from my house to a friend's I'm not concerned with strapping on a gun.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I've considered asking my friends if they are carrying when they come over. If they weren't carrying, I'd send them back until they found a gun to bring in.