Considering a 2006 F350 Crew Cab

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Sounds good. I just need to get rid of my Range Rover its sold (just gotta drop it off in Wendover) and then I can drop a couple dollars on shocks and a leveling kit.

Yep. Mine was $250 on KSL. Oh not just a fridge but a furnace too :cool:

Good looking truck. Sounds like we all need to plan a full size party with the kidlets soon :D

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
thedieselstop.com

A crazy amount of info on these forums...perhaps too much...

For my Ford, I get a lot of good stuff from powerstrokenation.com

blznnp

I run a spartan tuner on my truck. love it. but it might be more than what you are looking for. The only thing I don't like about it is that if I want to load a new tune in, I have to wait for it to clear the computer, then load the new tune, usually about 10 min. They have a setup for a 6.0 but like I said, it might be more than what you are looking for. They gear their stuff toward sled pull guys.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I haven't checked anything yet. The HVAC works fine though.

I've realized the wheel base is quite substantial. I nearly ripped off the running boards today when I went out to my usual shooting spot.

I got a couple tool boxes for it. One rides on the top of the bed and the other one rides below the rear window. I'll post pictures later.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Okay, well I haven't done much to it. I had a large water leak. I had to put a gallon in it everyday. So last Friday night I decided to fix it since I've had parts to do it for about a month.

It was a o-ring that goes between the water pump and intake manifold. 6 hours later, I replaced a bunch of orings and the intake manifold gaskets. I found out it has a Bullet Proof EGR cooler. So, I figured I didn't need to tear it all apart. Threw the gaskets on and buttoned it up. No more leaks.

I've been getting 16.5 MPG @80 MPH and I can get close to 22 @ 65 MPH.

10455450_10152173418425028_5287947477932286613_n.jpg

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
i'll look into it around sometime this fall. I have too many projects and not enough time.

do you have some part numbers? Everytime I call the Ford Dealership in Layton, they are dumbfounded. They can't ever find parts for my engine. Simple o-rings and gaskets are beyond their ability.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Took it out to try it some more. Trying to get a feeling for this truck. Not much suspension flex. But it does seem to crawl through most wash outs, washes and rocky Hill climbs that my other vehicles have without much issue. I'm starting to make a mental list of modifications I'm going to do.

They include: longer better shocks all around, leveling most for the front, and relocating the rear lower shock mounts. To start. Then sway bar disconnects.

In the future I'd like to go to 16.5 hummer beadlock wheels and 37" tires. Lower gears and a 1-2 lift.